Improvements

Status
Not open for further replies.

malfosse

Place your Advert here reasonable rates
Despite what I think is an excellent start to the season I think we could still improve, so,what would you consider to be Evertons weak link, positions, tactics, players. I'm not accepting management, that would be too easy to highlight. Evertons major flaw is not putting teams to the sword, and really killing teams off. We could improve on the right back position Tony Hibbert has to be one of the prems best defender but isnt getting any younger.

We looked pretty vulnerable when Gibson when off the other day which is worrying me, who going to replace him? I'm not a fan of having Osman, Neville, Hibbert in the same line up, 2 the most for me.

We need to move Fellaini back up as we have more attacking players then DM.

Moyes insisting on using Pip as a Midfield option. He needs to gamble with Felli dropping back and Mirralas playing off the shoulder of Jelli. Or any other combination of the new signings with Felli dropping back.

Looking forward to when Naismith finds his stride. I'd also like to see possibly two up front whether that's him or Miralles with Jelavic is another thing.

We wont play with 2 up front, the second striker will play behind and also drop into midfield and Miralles and Naysmith, Osman, Barkley, fellaini can all do this.

Neville looks fine alongside Gibson, as does everybody else. Take Gibson out though, and we fall to pieces.

Our entire right hand side is still crap IMO, and we evidently need another quality central midfielder as we are so crap when Gibson is injured.

We wont play with 2 up front, the second striker will play behind and also drop into midfield and Miralles and Naysmith, Osman, Barkley, fellaini can all do this.

Probably like, but it's a problem when we face teams at Goodison who'll put all their men behind the ball.

One thing we might do is play an attacking three behind the front man, like Pienaar, Naismith & Miralles behind Jelavic with two strong midfielders like Gibson and Fellaini behind which will be a bit more fluid and will open teams up even more.

Anyway, why the [Poor language removed] am I doing tactics, I'm crap at stuff like this. We need Toccy,

Looking forward to when Naismith finds his stride. I'd also like to see possibly two up front whether that's him or Miralles with Jelavic is another thing.
Without wanting to sound all Football Managerish I like the look of
4-2-3-1 with the 2 being Fellaini and Gibson and the 3 of Mirallas Pienaar and Naismith as they are all interchangeable and would be virtualy unmarkable

Neville looks fine alongside Gibson, as does everybody else. Take Gibson out though, and we fall to pieces.

Our entire right hand side is still crap IMO, and we evidently need another quality central midfielder as we are so crap when Gibson is injured.
Hopefully we will get Odjidja who should slot into gibsons role

4-2-3-1 with the 2 being Fellaini and Gibson and the 3 of Mirallas Pienaar and Naismith as they are all interchangeable and would be virtualy unmarkable

Aye that's what I'd been pondering although I hated myself for it. You could even throw Osman into the mix when one of them was injured and that would probably work.

Nice for us to have options and get away from the 4-5-1 which wasn't all that for goals being scored.

yep i'd agree, and if we get this belg kid and he strikes up a good relationship with gibson, then moyes can push felli forward behind the striker. this will leave cover from the bench in naismith, coleman, gueye and osman (barkley needs to go out on loan) to play in those attacking 3 positions. reckon it would suit us well, and would provide some cracking performances. we definitely have quite a few options with regards to personnel and formations so there's no excuse for moyes not changing things if it's not going right

Hibbert was atrocious on saturday, and ossie isnt fit enough to play cm all game, looked very leggy at the end,

Status
Not open for further replies.