I'm slowly coming to the conclusion...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TX Bill

Player Valuation: £80m
...that is isn't so much on our forwards due to their lack of scoring as it is the system we play.

Not completely convinced yet but I'm heavily leaning that way.

I DO think the strikers we have can get the job done though, contrary to what many think.

It's 70/30 in favour of the system being at fault IMO.

The formation we had more often than not didn't even use a striker. When we played one with Cahill just behind, it often deteriorated into a 4-6-0 as Saha/Yakubu haven't got the pace to run the last man. It was only when Beckford came on did we have a striker on board and you could tell as he could get into positions to gain chances. Now that we've adopted 4-4-2 you're seeing a traditional front pair dropping off and bombing on as and when, which means the strikers have the ball at their feet in a goalscoring area.

However, the strikers themselves, when utilised, haven't done themselves any favours by snatching at chances. They look completely bereft of confidence - but when Saha scored you visibly saw the effect it had on him. Yakubu, on the other hand, looked awful when he came on and didn't believe he could score.

As I have said, we have a very good squad which wasn't being used properly (I've still got to be careful of saying "I told you so" here ^^). Put bluntly, if Moyes believes in his players and uses them properly, they'll come good. However, I do believe Yakubu is all-but finished, so we do need another quality striker to go alongside Beckford and Saha, especially due to Saha being exceptionally hit and miss and Beckford still unproven.

We're tough to beat and are one of the more talented teams in the prem (5th-6th I'd say). I think the big problem is that we're way too cautious against teams we're better than. We're too afraid to lose, now that would be fine if a win was 2 pts but its not 1990. We have 3 talented defenders in the back (Neville, Jags, Distin) plus Fellani in the middle. They can handle the counterattacks. Maybe we'd lose a few but you have to take risks. If we only had 5 draws say 3 extra wins and 2 losses we'd have 32 pts right now and be in thick of things.

Most teams ranked from 6th-20th all play us the way blackburn did. They are happy get a point from us and all too often we've been happy to oblige. Until we start taking 3 with regularity against these clubs our position isn't going to change much.

Saha played well last night lid, no? He's still a ginger mercenary like.

Oh great, the ginger blert decided he was gonna play a bit for once, didnt watch the game, so cant comment on last night, but all Season hes looked awful, granted, hes not alone, but ive never liked him, maybe cos hes French, who knows, utter [Poor language removed] in my eyes tho.

Oh great, the ginger blert decided he was gonna play a bit for once, didnt watch the game, so cant comment on last night, but all Season hes looked awful, granted, hes not alone, but ive never liked him, maybe cos hes French, who knows, utter [Poor language removed] in my eyes tho.

You missed a really good game by two good sides. Everton were acest on the night.

Everton quite frankly bore me at the moment.

Maybe its our run of form, maybe its the constant whine and kneejerking I listen to at the game and on here, but I think im falling out of love with them.

Shame really, we had something special, I would have died for Everton, but the way I feel at the moment, I wont be renewing my Season Ticket.

Everton quite frankly bore me at the moment.

Maybe its our run of form, maybe its the constant whine and kneejerking I listen to at the game and on here, but I think im falling out of love with them.

Shame really, we had something special, I would have died for Everton, but the way I feel at the moment, I wont be renewing my Season Ticket.

Everton have been boring me too, muchly. But do you know what? Last night was worth getting excited about, we actually attacked and looked like scoring with some nice soccer throughout.

We'll go [Poor language removed] again naturally. Agreed on the whining and kneejerking though, it's been all over the show lately.

I still love it when we win, nothing compares to that, no, not even sex and when we lose I still wanna hurt small animals and City fans, but recently, its all just a bit MEH.

Maybe its cos my Mikel has looked awful, I love Mikel and hes been playing like a clown recently, it affects me deeply.

He'll get back to his best.

I think with a four man midfield, he'll have more space to operate and be more effective.

I still love it when we win, nothing compares to that, no, not even sex and when we lose I still wanna hurt small animals and City fans, but recently, its all just a bit MEH.

Maybe its cos my Mikel has looked awful, I love Mikel and hes been playing like a clown recently, it affects me deeply.

This 4-4-2 might, just might, give us a bit of a tonic.

Agreed on the meh bit, even when we got results this year we've been too one paced and not exciting up front.

Well it needed changing, every single team in the League knows how we play now and can easily combat it.

They just park the bus and attack us on the break, thats why we do so well against the "bigger" teams, cos they play football, which allows us to play football, we have some wonderful footballers.

Even when were playing all that nice stuff and getting 70% possession it was mundane stuff really.

We were exciting to watch again last night, we looked like scoring when we attacked. I love it when Everton just go for the other team's throat a bit, it sexes me.

Status
Not open for further replies.