Iffy start, but…

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have faith that if he is given premier league quality attackers then he will do well.

Until that happens though there is no point judging him. He has absolutely no chance with Gordon or Gray up front. Absolutely dreadful performances and not acceptable for Everton forwards.

When you get the opposition manager saying they targeted them as a weakness and it paid off for them you know it's not performed.

Just that Keystone Cops stunt that Holgate and Tarkowski performed for their second goal should be enough to dump that system in the bin.

Mate...him and that other kopite McAlister were practically blowing each other off after it because they knew they were holding on. Slippy was flapping by the end when all his players went down with cramp.

Didn't see that at all apart from when we lost possession for the goals or commited more forward. Buendia make them tick better 2nd half. But there was never a point where I thought we looked a mess in dealing with them.

If we got ragged about they didn't create anything clear cut put it that way bar some wing back crosses.

I have faith that if he is given premier league quality attackers then he will do well.

Until that happens though there is no point judging him. He has absolutely no chance with Gordon or Gray up front. Absolutely dreadful performances and not acceptable for Everton forwards.

why not abroad? we may not be able to get one from this league

Mate...him and that other kopite McAlister were practically blowing each other off after it because they knew they were holding on. Slippy was flapping by the end when all his players went down with cramp.
Only after we switched to a different system.

Fine margins in the two games we've played.

We seem like we're still meshing, developing fitness. New players will be learning systems.

Patterson looks like he's filling in fine at RB.

Onana will improve our CM.

We need a striker - we improved with Rondons introduction. But Gordon is not a striker.

I think we'll be fine though. Much improved from last year.

Fair enough mate. But I think we'll see a return to a tradional shape next week, and Tarkowski will be mightily relieved.
I’d be surprised if Lampard ditched this that quickly, it’s clearly his Plan A for the season or we wouldn’t have signed Coady.

I think that’s why Onana will be big for us as he has enough energy to work in a 2 whilst also providing more attacking power than Doucoure.

What will need to be a thing this season that so many of our managers haven’t had is being ready with a Plan B. We showed in the last ten that we can clearly create chances when in a 433 but can’t defend in one.

There are some positives to take from those two games I think

Arguably we should have had two draws instead of two losses

It is galling how it feels like August has been essentially written off though due to us not having business done in time

I’m hopeful that once the window is concluded we can put a few results together and start creeping up on 40 points

It’s not panic stations yet

Hopefully Lampard learnt something today and we seen our first points on the board against the Trees
Tough to make that argument when our only chance at a draw seems to be a 0-0. We’ve had a few chances but we don’t have the players to take them. Need to get some actual help in before next time out.

Status
Not open for further replies.