If you could go back in time...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd go back to August 2003 and have massive bets on Porto to win the CL and Greece to win the following year's European Championship.

Just posted this in the Everton picture thread. These two games looked fun to go to.
Jack Southworth, top goalscorer in 1893, the second season of the Football League. He scored 27 in 22 games including ten in two games : 4 in an 8-1 win over Sheffield Wednesday, and 6 in a 7-1 win over WBA - still an Everton record. Wonder what he'd make of Kone ?
We only finished sixth but the games look so much more exciting in those early days.
View attachment 8561

Last edited:

Bayern Munich semi final as I've seen it and read about it but never got to be there in person and any game from 85 or 87 where we clinched the title during that game ( such as Spurs away or Norwich away ) and to see the title paraded in a home game. That must have been an immense period to see us. Someone mentioned the Bayern away game and we took around 500 fans. Would love to hear from anyone who went to that away game about performance, atmosphere etc

Just posted this in the Everton picture thread. These two games looked fun to go to.
Jack Southworth, top goalscorer in 1893, the second season of the Football League. He scored 27 in 22 games including ten in two games : 3 in an 8-1 win over Sheffield Wednesday, and 6 in a 7-1 win over WBA - still an Everton record. Wonder what he'd make of Kone ?
We only finished sixth but the games look so much more exciting in those early days.
View attachment 8561

Not to be mean mate, but your maths is off!

Dixie scoring is 60th for me.

My grandparents and dad and unlce and myslef have all seen an recounted our glory days many times over, none of the stories include this game. It's like its the missing part of our Everton heritage in the family, makes him more mystical but I'd have love to have seen him play.

Status
Not open for further replies.