If we go down, how do you start the rebuild?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we do go down, we need a clear plan to rebuild and get back up within the first season. Although going down is a disaster, we need to try and take some positives from it and I do think it gives us an opportunity to rebuild under Lampard. I think some of our higher earners (Gomes) will move on and take wage cuts to play for the likes of Benfica, whereas they would be harder to shift if we were still in the prem.

If we do go down...
Not strictly Germaine to the point, but in general terms, usually a good start...

Henry VI, Part 2, Act IV, Scene 2 - " The first thing we do, let's kill all the lawyers."
...Midfield is a tricky one though - No poo Poirot

If it happens, suppose the best would to treat it as a total reset for the club, and an opportunity to rid ourselves of the huge wage bill through the ending of contracts, the inevitable players wanting to leave and the balance shifting from those on big wages who’ve left this season.
We do have a core of young players who
I’d imagine would stay mixed with a few senior players, who either aren’t out of contract or likely to leave.
Feel like (hope) that if we do go down we will bounce back stronger for it, but if not, we’ll collectively be their no matter what. And that’s the difference, no reflective glory, no feeling of superiority because the team I support are doing well nonsense, couldn’t care less we’d still be Everton even in the doldrums of the leagues.

Club is utterly screwed without PL money. They go down and they don’t come up again for a long, long time. This could be almost as bad as Portsmouth.

There would be no hope of a rebuild.

We have enormous debts and an enormous wage bill. Plus we’d be in breach of all sorts of financial fair play rules. And almost all our revenue streams would be gone.

We would have to sell our best players immediately and for a relative pittance. Richarlison has been linked with a move to Newcastle for £15million if we go down. Clubs would know we were desperate to sell and so they would offer us pathetically small fees.

We would be left with the crap players who are on top dollar (you know who they are!) who no one is else would be willing to give big salaries to. They would stay and keep taking their massive wages. And to be honest most of us would do the same in their position.

Reactions: Han
I'd go with a mix of youth and experience, we need to consolidate and not get ahead of ourselves thinking we're good enough to make the playoffs.

Lonergan

Phil Bardsley
Sol Bamba
Branthwaite
Nkounkou

Gordon
Davies
Will Hughes
Tom Ince

Rondon
Ellis

Width and pace in the midfield with two battering rams up front, try to bully our way to championship survival and build from there.
Is that a joke?

The last accounts wage bill would have also included:
Hamaz 220
Digne 150
Bolasie 60?
Walcott 100
King 60?
Besic 30?

Plus Carlo was on around 12m a year.

Although it still doesn't touch the sides and that is nearly all the top earners off the books. We must be missing something because I'm not sure how we get to 180m, if I'm honest?
Tom Davies must be on about 900k a day i reckon

sorry if this is a really silly question but what happens with with out profit and sustainability issues? By dropping out of the Premierleague does it reset, miss out a season assuming we're lucky enough to bounce back or does it carry out? Sorry, that's probably a really silly question.

I read somewhere the other day that we're looking at a 9 point reduction unless we offload in the region of 100 mil worth of staff.

The second we go down or stay up I fully expect and demand Kenwright and DBB resign straight away.
If we go down or even stay up it’s sell sell sell for as much as possible and start a young team.
Sell 90% of the 1st team and use the kids and a few good free transfers.
We may not go back straight back up or stay up next year(if we are in the PL) but until we sort the finance out we are fekked either way
Are you Farhad Moshiri ?

I’d be hoping we could keep a nucleus consisting of
Patterson
Mykolenko
Godfrey
Branthwaite
Doucoure
Gray
Gordon
Simms
Townsend
Alli

I feel this would give us a chance of bouncing straight back up. Bit of youth and experience mix.

DCL - I honestly don’t think anybody would buy him after these injuries so would also start the season at Everton.

Holgate and Keane would also be decent in the championship so if they stayed then it wouldn’t be a bad thing, same with Coleman as backup to Patterson. Then there is the lad coming back from Standard Liege at left back.

I actually even think Gomes would be decent for a season in there with his experience.

Say goodbye to Kenny, Delph, Tosun, Gylfi, El Ghazi

sell Mina, Allan, Richy, Pickford
I agree with your list but no way Keane Holgate and Gomes. We are spineless so need to overhaul the centre backs. And Gomes is not the future for us: too slow and not adding any goals assists

Status
Not open for further replies.