If there was one Everton match you wished you had been at but missed when was it?

The '95 cup final for me. Got dragged kicking and screaming to Rhodes on a family holiday instead. Couldn't even watch it as the picture went in the bar, so had to make do with the lousy commentary.

People were looking around after the goal, wondering if we'd scored, such was the muted reaction from Motson.

I am now realising that network coverage took over from the regions from 1984. And, apparently, that game was not covered. The BBC showed West Ham v Arsenal and WBA v Southampton. ITV had the Big Match Live the following day, showing Forest v Liverpool.

The '95 cup final for me. Got dragged kicking and screaming to Rhodes on a family holiday instead. Couldn't even watch it as the picture went in the bar, so had to make do with the lousy commentary.

People were looking around after the goal, wondering if we'd scored, such was the muted reaction from Motson.
Was a great game - blues going mental at FT.
If only i'd realised at the time this could be the last silverware I will see us lift. :(

(obviously apart from the charity shield three months later)

That must have been a killer mate
It was. the op was on my left ear/skull. No earphones allowed but you could still hear faintly from the hospital radio jack socket (don't ask me how but you could). When Trevor Steven scored, I could have sworn that I was there, such was the noise of the crowd. The recuperation meant that I missed Rotterdam and Wembley as well. Made it back in time to see us beat the RS at Goodison when Aldridge missed a penalty :D

More seriously, I think I'd have to pick Everton 5-0 Manchester United.

That was the absolute peak of that team, in many ways. Thrashing United and winning at Anfield in the space of a week is, well, Heaven on Earth for an Evertonian. That 5-0 win must surely be the most forgotten signature performance of any great team in English football. It wasn't even televised...
I also went to old Trafford the following Wednesday when we beat them 2-1 in the league cup.we were 3-1 to beat them again. Betting on Everton that season was like a licence to print money the bookies gave us no respect.

The Munich game. I should have been at it but my car broke down on the M55 near Preston. Cost me a small sum to be towed off. Got home in time to watch it on Sportsnight
To add salt in the wounds, I was meeting my brother on the Gwaldys. He went to the match but obviously didn’t know what had happened to me .He’s a big red

I had a choice of going to see either a home game V Ipswich or a home game V Chelsea when Bob Latchford was going for his 30 goals. At the time Ipswich were pretty poor so I chose that game, thinking Bob would get a hat trick. As it happened, we won a dull, dreary game 1 - 0 with a Latchford penalty. Of course we beat Chelsea 6 - 0 and Big Bob got his 30th goal.