If Silva is sacked - who could/should we get?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't understand the clamouring for Howe. I don't think he's awful or anything and I actually respect what he's done at Bournemouth. However, he's succeeding in the perfect situation aka at a club that doesn't have particularly high expectations and where the fans love him. Also, his teams are always streaky. Those 5/6/7/8 game losing/winless streaks won't cut it at Everton, nor should they. Howe is exactly where he should be and Everton should look elsewhere.

If Silva is sacked, the next choice will be very interesting. There's no clear options (unless someone like Conte can be convinced) and any interesting managers from the summer now have jobs (Hassenhutl). Seems inevitable that the next manager will be another youngish manager looking to take the step up.

The club could do what West Ham did with Pellegrini and try to convince a big manager who went to China for money to come back to the big time, but the only one I rate there now is Roger Schmidt, who had his Salzburg and Leverkusen teams playing excellent football, although it eventually went sour, kinda like Klopp in his last season at Dortmund and Bielsa pretty much anywhere he has been.

Cocu is probably the only one who can be classed as "obvious" but I guess it depends on just how good Brands thinks he is and how much he valued him as a manager at PSV.

One thing is for sure, while if Silva fails it can be blamed on the owner, the next manager will be Brands' responsibility and his alone.

You’re not wrong... x million pay off for him.

Kinell, I’d be buzzing with £50 for getting sacked from my job!

He just looks as though he’s not enjoying it, probably best for both party’s that we part ways
Also known as the “Jose maneuver”!

I'm just sick of what the pair of them (DCL and Davies) represent. Since they've been around the first team there's been a grim decline in quality and watching those two swan around Dubai last Feb in their floral shirts after 6 horrible months where we'd gone out of every competition and appointed Allardyce gave me all the insight I'll ever need into them. Pair of absolute teds who have been substandard garbage for us.
Im sick of seeing you bleat on about them on every thread, even those that arent related. I thought my ex was irritating. You take it to another level.
Back on thread.... I havent got a clue but I imagine Brands has a shortlist that is constantly updated.

Don't understand the clamouring for Howe. I don't think he's awful or anything and I actually respect what he's done at Bournemouth. However, he's succeeding in the perfect situation aka at a club that doesn't have particularly high expectations and where the fans love him. Also, his teams are always streaky. Those 5/6/7/8 game losing/winless streaks won't cut it at Everton, nor should they. Howe is exactly where he should be and Everton should look elsewhere.

If Silva is sacked, the next choice will be very interesting. There's no clear options (unless someone like Conte can be convinced) and any interesting managers from the summer now have jobs (Hassenhutl). Seems inevitable that the next manager will be another youngish manager looking to take the step up.

The club could do what West Ham did with Pellegrini and try to convince a big manager who went to China for money to come back to the big time, but the only one I rate there now is Roger Schmidt, who had his Salzburg and Leverkusen teams playing excellent football, although it eventually went sour, kinda like Klopp in his last season at Dortmund and Bielsa pretty much anywhere he has been.

Cocu is probably the only one who can be classed as "obvious" but I guess it depends on just how good Brands thinks he is and how much he valued him as a manager at PSV.

One thing is for sure, while if Silva fails it can be blamed on the owner, the next manager will be Brands' responsibility and his alone.

Yeah I don't get the Howe shouts aswell, I think he would fail big time once out of his comfort zone

I like the Conte suggestion, he would be no push over and he could handle the pressure, could Moshiri and Brands convince him to come here? What's he up to by the way?

Yeah I don't get the Howe shouts aswell, I think he would fail big time once out of his comfort zone

I like the Conte suggestion, he would be no push over and he could handle the pressure, could Moshiri and Brands convince him to come here? What's he up to by the way?
He's a bit fed up by all accounts. I was in the timber section at b&q the other day and I'm sure I overheard someone say conte was bored.

The only way a mid-season change of manager makes sense is if a top manager is available and interested, or, could we do what Man Utd have done and bring a former player in on loan, not sure what incentive there would be for city to loan us Arteta though, he would have to really push for it.

They have three wins in the last ten matches with six defeats and one draw, which is not really an amazing run of form.

Status
Not open for further replies.