If Silva is sacked - who could/should we get?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Moyes proved at West Ham (with the most miserable fans, with a huge disconnect with the Board), that he gets results. Much maligned as a manager largely because of his hiding to nothing ManUre term.

IMO he’d get you results too, you’d play with structure, perhaps until you find someone at a higher level than Silva.

Just a view from outside.
Except his record for both West Ham and S'land are worse than Silva's, and he's David Moyes.

Hard pass.

Before I respond I’ll admit I’m Leeds fan so you may think this is me being biased but that link is pure lazy journalism. I don’t say this because I think Everton at present srent an attractive proposition, I say it because it isn’t in bielsas character to walk out for another club a) because he wants preseason to get team fit enough to carry out his methods & b) he’s an honourable bloke & sticks to his principles he doesn’t jump for the quick buck or success he’s a romantic. Now should we fail to go up there’s a bigger chance but the chances are slim at best of getting him this season

He walked out on Marseille after a year citing he had conflicts with the club.

He walked out of Lazio after only two days.

He was made manager of Lille in May 2017, after only 13 games in charge he was suspended, and his contract was terminated December 2017. When he first joined Lille, one of their players revealed that Bielsa informed the players he wanted to leave in a conversation with them before pre-season had even began.

I didn’t say he didn’t walk out of teams he clearly has. I said he doesn’t leave one for another mid season.

This get teams ready for seasons he has them doing triple sessions not leaving training until 7pm he won’t play players until he thinks they are at the correct weight or totally understand what he wants from them. For example we took a chelsea keeper on loan in the summer & he missed out on starting the season no 1 due to not being lean enough players were coming back at the weights they were given & the end of last season but were then told to lose another half a stone. He wouldn’t set himself up to fail by coming in mid season

Ok I’m really really annoyed with Everton and Silva that’s putting it lightly and to avoid the swear filters.
And my Heath shouts have been laughed at, not sure why more chance of that than Simeone and Mourinho or even Arteta.

My final offering is Heath as manager and Rooney as coach, until the end of the season.
Let’s get some identity and passion back.
Rooney? Seriously? Come on man.

He's done an outstanding job at Bournemouth. Granted its a step up at Everton. No guarantee he can make that step.

He gets his teams to play excellent football too.
Pretty sure Bournemouth is his club, and his family are settled there. What do we offer over Bournemouth? A bit more money isn’t going to cut it, given how big a risk it would be for him to leave. It is very much a Moyes to Man Utd move.

Status
Not open for further replies.