If Silva is sacked - who could/should we get?

Status
Not open for further replies.
David Moyes! Get him back!

He can stabilise the defence problem...He should learn from his past managerial experiences...He worked with pickford before..Give Moyes a chance again...He have not won anything before at Everton ....he will come back a more determined manager! He is the one who called Everton the people club...Please get him back...With financial backing now..he would make good signings...

I totally agree. Even started a thread on this a few weeks ago but it got taken down. It's the obvious decision. It clearly is one that divides opinion but not for footballing reasons surely. I know there are a lot of Evertonians out there who believe it's the safe bet and he can take us where we want to go.

Be honest, how many of us were begging the board to find investment for Moyes just before he left and he constantly had us finishing 5th, 5th, 7th, 6th etc. I don't buy into this nonsense about him not winning anything. He basically won the best of the rest league year after year after year with barely any money and always had a team prepared for battle and if they had a bad game one day you knew for sure that wouldn't happen again the next.

He knows the club inside out, he probably watches us every week and knows exactly what we need. His failings elsewhere can nearly all be excused as poisonous challices, apart from West Ham where he met expectations.

This idea that he isn't fashionable enough etc doesn't work for me. I dread the thought of Silva going and some other unknown like Fonseca coming in and we find ourselves back at square one this time next season. It's a very difficult job for whoever is next or for Silva if he stays. But clearly there is one outstanding candidate.

I totally agree. Even started a thread on this a few weeks ago but it got taken down. It's the obvious decision. It clearly is one that divides opinion but not for footballing reasons surely. I know there are a lot of Evertonians out there who believe it's the safe bet and he can take us where we want to go.

Be honest, how many of us were begging the board to find investment for Moyes just before he left and he constantly had us finishing 5th, 5th, 7th, 6th etc. I don't buy into this nonsense about him not winning anything. He basically won the best of the rest league year after year after year with barely any money and always had a team prepared for battle and if they had a bad game one day you knew for sure that wouldn't happen again the next.

He knows the club inside out, he probably watches us every week and knows exactly what we need. His failings elsewhere can nearly all be excused as poisonous challices, apart from West Ham where he met expectations.

This idea that he isn't fashionable enough etc doesn't work for me. I dread the thought of Silva going and some other unknown like Fonseca coming in and we find ourselves back at square one this time next season. It's a very difficult job for whoever is next or for Silva if he stays. But clearly there is one outstanding candidate.
I agree. Fashion is for clothing, not football managers. Let Moyes come in, rebuild, the get shot if he cannot get to a higher level.

I'd go for Eddie Howe. Should have gone for him after Koeman, and is doing another top job again this season. Boy hood Blue and it would be his dream move. Tactically switched on, makes good signings, can clearly motivate and plays good football.

We cannot continue to blame the past managers, the past DOF and to some extent certain players in the squad. Teams like Watford, Southampton and Leicester change their manager most years.

They still play far better football in most games than what we are watching.

Silva has got off lightly lately as some performances are far worse than what we seen under the fat fella last year (not Unsworth).

I did not see more than 2 passes strung together today. It was embarrassing.

I'd go for Eddie Howe. Should have gone for him after Koeman, and is doing another top job again this season. Boy hood Blue and it would be his dream move. Tactically switched on, makes good signings, can clearly motivate and plays good football.
His defending is just as bad as Marco’s!

Regardless of who we get in, it's going to take about 3 years to sort out the mess we've gotten our selfs into, and going by the reactions of fans on here he's not going to be given that time, I'm not sure what the answer is but changing the manager every year certainly is not the answer.

A few weeks ago at goodison his team wanted to walk the ball into the net. He has no plan B im afraid. I think he has done a great job but not for me personally.

Regardless of who we get in, it's going to take about 3 years to sort out the mess we've gotten our selfs into, and going by the reactions of fans on here he's not going to be given that time, I'm not sure what the answer is but changing the manager every year certainly is not the answer.

The squad isn't that bad. A manager should not require three years to sort this out. I think a good manager would improve things in about three weeks.

I think that is an overstatement. Get a good coach in and he can use the rest of the season and preseason to get the shape and tactics settled. It shouldn’t be that hard to sort out

There is only one man for the job...he's just seen this thread.

We are not getting Conte/Ancelotti/Mancini etc we aren't even in europe, These managers don't need money.
Silva is about our level of a manager, A huge gamble.

Status
Not open for further replies.