Idrissa Gueye

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's photoshopped.
tumblr_mdnlssIy7w1rbavngo1_1280.gif

Many of us think this. I go by the comments of villa fans and many don't rate the lad and they've seen him at week in week out. But Walsh must see a footballer in there.

What makes you think Walsh has recommended him?

You have to bare in mind when Walsh was at Leicester he was tasked with buying risky cheap players who would hopefully prove more than their value and do a job to keep Leicester up. Yes he's found a few gems who won them the league. Fantastic. But the chances of finding players like that are slim overall

As a club who wants top four I thought we'd be after proven quality rather than risky cheap shots

What makes you think Walsh has recommended him?

You have to bare in mind when Walsh was at Leicester he was tasked with buying risky cheap players who would hopefully prove more than their value and do a job to keep Leicester up. Yes he's found a few gems who won them the league. Fantastic. But the chances of finding players like that are slim overall

As a club who wants top four I thought we'd be after proven quality rather than risky cheap shots

^ I think he's only 'cheap' because of the release clause.

Both Koeman and Walsh were interested in him for their respective clubs last summer so he has a double seal of approval from them, and when it comes to proven quality he broke into a strong midfield at Lille and has played in the Champions League so he's not really a gamble, especially at that price in the current market.

^ I think he's only 'cheap' because of the release clause.

Both Koeman and Walsh were interested in him for their respective clubs last summer so he has a double seal of approval from them, and when it comes to proven quality he broke into a strong midfield at Lille and has played in the Champions League so he's not really a gamble, especially at that price in the current market.

I just don't see how he's a priority or where he fits in? We have Barry but unless Koeman now believes he's not good enough to start anymore I don't see where he will play?

In place of who?
I would suggest he has a shout to play ahead of perhaps all other players Everton currently have in the CDM / B2B roles.

He is fitter and faster than Besic and Barry. He is much more defensively capable than McCarthy, Cleverley and Gibson.

Everton already have Barkley who they rely on to create, but they don't currently have anyone who is a genuine ball-winner. Gana is that - yes he may not be great with ball at feet, but if his job is limited to "win the ball back ASAP and give it to Barkley to create or recycle through Jagielka/Mori" then he will comfortably outperform any of your other central midfielders in that role.

Pointless

You should only sign players if they are good enough to displace the ones you already have otherwise where's the improvement
He's not the only target though, seems like we're trying to get witsel and/or Carvalho. As good as Barry's been he's getting on and will probably be rotation player

Pointless

You should only sign players if they are good enough to displace the ones you already have otherwise where's the improvement

I have heard rumors here and there, to and fro, whisperings in the wind, an almost imperceptible, yet surely there sonnet on the wind. Tales carry forth from distant lands, and rumblings from those nearby about the same. I think that with the depth, and breadth, and sheer number of these whisperings and rumors there must be some truth in it. And when they all alight together, embrace one another and become one, they are no longer whisperings but a scream, a ear shattering scream called........Injuries. And cup games.

And if you have Lionel Messi, and you never replace Tim Bucktoothfoot, his loyal backup, well if he gets injured you are done for.

Status
Not open for further replies.