2018/19 Idrissa Gueye

Status
Not open for further replies.
He'd play at the base of the 4-3-3, but it'd just be a different type of 6 than the traditional player who sits and pulls the strings.

You'd have Gana as the sitter who is able to cover most of the pitch, allowing the two box-to-box midfielders and fb's to push on. I imagine this will be his role at PSG, though Tuchel did use a 4-2-3-1 quite a lot last season.

I see absolutely no evidence that we're gonna go with a 4-3-3 though, despite stuff Silva has said. The likes of that Andy who go on ToffeeTV (seems a decent guy) talks like it's a sure thing. We've played it once since Silva was here, v Huddersfield when Gana wasn't fit.

If we were going to play a 4-3-3, you'd like to think we'd have played it in pre-season, even if just for a few halves, but we haven't. Even when Gylfi wasn't back Silva played a 4-2-3-1. He's stuck with the 4-2-3-1.

Delph does give us a bit of breathing room at least and then ideally yes we'll get a replacement who can play that deep role - but that replacement has to have the energy and pace over 10 yards to get about.

so going for Zaha ,Kean when we already have Richarlson who is a guaranteed starter not going three up top?

the other three would be Bernard Gomez and Sigs? then our usual defence. Delph replacing Bernard at times

EAtf-qnXYAATsB2

Who is bloody cutting onions at this time of the morning

Shows the class of the man - will be remembered fondly by Evertonians will Gana

so going for Zaha ,Kean when we already have Richarlson who is a guaranteed starter not going three up top?

the other three would be Bernard Gomez and Sigs? then our usual defence. Delph replacing Bernard at times

A midfield three of Bernard, Gomes and Sigurdsson would get torn apart, mate.

As I've said, I don't think we're gonna be switching to 4-3-3 any time soon. If we do, Gylfi will probably miss out, and Bernard too - depending on what wide forward comes in.

The point isn't to have guaranteed starters. It's to have options and quality ones at that.

A midfield three of Bernard, Gomes and Sigurdsson would get torn apart, mate.

As I've said, I don't think we're gonna be switching to 4-3-3 any time soon. If we do, Gylfi will probably miss out, and Bernard too - depending on what wide forward comes in.

The point isn't to have guaranteed starters. It's to have options and quality ones at that.

midfield of Gomez Bernard and Sigurdsson is easily matched to Liverpools midfield with Henderson in it. Liverpools attacking front three is where the problems are caused. we have 2 good wing backs in Dinge and Coleman on his day so it could work

This is how you leave a club. Could have easily have downed tools at the end of last season but kept his head held up high and gave it his absolute all. Earned his dream move and the respect of of the club and fans as well as a huge profit. Good luck Gueye. A proper class act.
Lookman on the other hand......

Reactions: Lob
Class statement from Gueye, made me feel some bittersweet emotions which is no mean feat. Unfortunately they are now turning to anger as his departure has been confirmed without a replacement being announced.. having flashbacks to Moshiri's statement about James McCarthy when Sissoko binned us.. this is a downward spiral, for gods sake sign someone Everton!!

Status
Not open for further replies.