2018/19 Idrissa Gueye

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he'll go in the summer and we'll spend the next 5 years saying we've never replaced him.

I don't care that he's nearly 30, his engine will keep ticking for another few seasons at least.

If he's pushed and been promised a move then fair enough but selling him is imbecilic to me.
It all depends on whether Silva can keep this momentum going. If he had continued the revolving door of managers bit (it seemed very possible after Christmas), it would make sense to sell him and bring in a successor. It looks wise to keep him atm

To me it's amazing that only PSG, that we are aware of, have identified this fella as being a top target. He's utterly superb, would instantly improve all the top sides in Europe, unless they are managed by sarri. The only good thing about Walsh's and koeman's time at Everton is this lad.

I doubt we can replace him like for like, he is that good. I'll miss this guy big time if he leaves.

Hope that’s not the last time we have seen him at Goodison. Even if we get 30M for him your not going to be able to get a player for that amount who does the job he does for the team.
No chance.

You might get a decent imitation of him. You might even get an improvement eventually if you make a run at someone and they develop.

Keep him, pair him with someone that can both transition AND defend. A physical beast in the middle. We'd be miserable to play against.

The lad's a one off in terms of his anticipation and the speed of his interceptions and closing down. Added to all that he has now taken to carrying the ball past the opposition, showing great control and calmness in doing so. The one player in the squad I would deem irreplaceable.

To me it's amazing that only PSG, that we are aware of, have identified this fella as being a top target. He's utterly superb, would instantly improve all the top sides in Europe, unless they are managed by sarri. The only good thing about Walsh's and koeman's time at Everton is this lad.

I doubt we can replace him like for like, he is that good. I'll miss this guy big time if he leaves.
Lol, imagine Sarri trying to deploy him as a right wing or something so his boy Jorginho can keep playing.

Gana is incredible. Somehow getting better still.

To be honest, when he wanted to leave I wasn't arsed, but he seriously got his head down and has played like he did when we first signed him, wether that's playing with Gomes or Silvas getting the best out of him or hes playing for that move, I don't know, but he will be a loss to the team if he goes, just hope hope Brands has already prepared

He’s truly great isn’t he?

Give Steve Walsh some credit what a signing.

Gutted if he goes but he’s at that age that if the money is huge we sell?

Fits in with how we all believe Brands will operate?

Status
Not open for further replies.