2018/19 Idrissa Gueye

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd imagine Silva would consider Gueye more important to determining his Everton future and his own reputation than Batshuayi.

Look ahead to say, Liverpool. Gueye would be the first outfield player on the team sheet for that.

Thing for me is that it's probably the last chance he'll get to play for a top European club.

We stop him from going...is he going to be the same player?

Of course he does. Silva isn't stupid, he knows without Gana our central midfield is weak and there's no chance of 7th and Europe without him. We could be bottom half and he could lose his job.

I just hope, whether Gana stays or not, that Silva uses 4-3-3/3-4-3 from now on. Not go back to the 4-2-2-1-1 crap.

No reason why Gana can't slot into a 4-3-3.

Thing for me is that it's probably the last chance he'll get to go to play for a top European club.

We stop him from going...is he going to be the same player?

He's a professional and Everton will manage that.

I'd imagine early doors they specified the criteria of him leaving - at least the fee and date to secure a replacement.

It's on Paris Saint-Germain's transfer strategy. Public declarations and daft £21m bids.

I just hope, whether Gana stays or not, that Silva uses 4-3-3/3-4-3 from now on. Not go back to the 4-2-2-1-1 crap.

No reason why Gana can't slot into a 4-3-3.
I think a 4-3-3 with 2 DM/CMs would make more sense, we just don't have 2 of them. Which is pathetic.

if we can keep mcarthy fit or even give that baningme a run. no need for panic if he goes to rush into another signing

Bani is unproven. McCarthy is like 28 and won’t improve much plus he is super injury-prone. Just get rid of him let him go to Palace.

I think a 4-3-3 with 2 DM/CMs would make more sense, we just don't have 2 of them. Which is pathetic.

We don't need two DM's really, though?

A 4-3-3 was played with a flat three the other night and it worked. No reason it can't be used as a base to build from, with 3-4-3 the other option - either way, it ensures we have 3 forwards.

The central player in a 4-3-3 can either be a sitter or someone who buzzes about but sticks on the halfway line - i.e. covers the ground from touchline to touchline - that role is perfect for Gana.

It means the onus is on Gomes to be the ball carrier and Gylfi to join in with the attack. If those two don't step up then Davies is a lot more capable of playing in a 4-3-3 than a 4-2-3-1, as he showed on Tuesday.

It was only Huddersfield but we looked much better with Sigurdsson deeper in a three, think he’s got a lot of energy to play there and can pick a pass well

Spot on.

I will say that Davies making runs beyond Tosun was a big role in it - so it'd be on Gomes and/or Gylfi to do that as well. Or, Davies plays some games and Gana drops out - which really is what should happen anyway if we can afford to have more of the ball with Gomes sitting deeper.

if we can keep mcarthy fit or even give that baningme a run. no need for panic if he goes to rush into another signing
No, we should just sit back and get embarrassed every week. If you don't think Gana is good, that's fine, but thinking those two are adequate replacements is mental.

Status
Not open for further replies.