2018/19 Idrissa Gueye

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still just amazed that a club like PSG want Gueye.

Me too.

He's a good Premier league player. Nothing more. Nothing less. Suspect PSG going after him is more around availability and Rabiot's continued exclusion from the team due to refusal to sign a new contract. They also have Veratti injured so probably just need another half decent option in midfield for the next 4 months.

If it was the summer then I don't think Gueye would be a target for PSG. It's why we should take the deal now. I don't suspect we'll buy a replacement this window. Think it'll be a case of waiting until the summer when targets may be more readily available at a reasonable fee.

If we get 7th and make it into Europe, it's not a wasted season. Its key for our recruitment frankly.
We are two points out of 7th and with the right replacement, we are much better than Wolves. Watford, West Ham, Leicster, or Bournemuth.
Beyond that, there are certainly players available that would help and could be part of next years team as well.

I'm not sure we are equipped for Europe. It ruined our season last year. Those early play offs are not helpful at all. I'm in two minds if they are actually worth it.

Makes a big difference in money earned by the club.
Yes it does. It's worth just short of £2m per place.

But the reality of the situation is that we have probably paid out more in compensation to failed managers over the last 3 years. And also wasted a damn sight more in poor transfer activity during the same period.

I'm pretty certain we will finish somewhere between 7th and 12th this season which represents around £10m income. That probably represents around 2/3 months wages for players who aren't currently near our first team squad. So in that regard, what we do off the pitch is probably more important than results on it for the remainder of this season. I agree that Silva and Brands should be putting more emphasis on planning for next season than maximising points total for this season.

The last two games he's missed we've won. What does that tell you?
That we played bad teams. Our record without him is poor, but it doesn't take a genius to see that any decent midfield will cut through Gomes and Davies like they are swiss cheese. Mooy actually looked of almost average speed against us last night.

I'm not sure we are equipped for Europe. It ruined our season last year. Those early play offs are not helpful at all. I'm in two minds if they are actually worth it.
What ruined our season last year was not Europe, it was an impossible early schedule in terms of PL games and a team with 5 or 6 midfielders and no CF or fullbacks.

Me too.

He's a good Premier league player. Nothing more. Nothing less. Suspect PSG going after him is more around availability and Rabiot's continued exclusion from the team due to refusal to sign a new contract. They also have Veratti injured so probably just need another half decent option in midfield for the next 4 months.

If it was the summer then I don't think Gueye would be a target for PSG. It's why we should take the deal now. I don't suspect we'll buy a replacement this window. Think it'll be a case of waiting until the summer when targets may be more readily available at a reasonable fee.[/QUOsky reporting that city and arsenal are interested and you lot reckon he not good enough for everton,give yer heads a wobble

Well it's in the Guardian rumours that City and Arsenal "might" also be interested. Good, that'll sove the price up.
You need to be able to actually pass the ball to other players on a regular basis to play for Man City though.
This may prove problematic when completing that deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.