2018/19 Idrissa Gueye

Status
Not open for further replies.
tenor.gif

I've just had a look around see what the neutral perspective is on this sale unsurprisingly pretty much all fans rate him massively and think it's a great signing for PSG

If Brands even mentions Bakayoko I'm gonna flip..

Obviously Silva will have his own ideas over how he wants to replace Gana but I think it's incredibly naïve to just think too much about what your defensive midfielder should do in the final third of the pitch.

He will be missed.

It was a great bit of business when we stole him from Villa, he wasn't on any other clubs radar at the time, possibly because the Villa team were so poor that season. I am surprised that we didn't get a bigger fee, but I confess to having no idea how transfers work, utter black art.

I remember when he went down with Villa, he got slated to death by the Villa fans for his performances. I'm even sure on here when it was out there that we were interested it was more a case of "WTF" How he's made everyone eat their words (me included)

What a shameless little toady Adam Jones is

Is it true that Gueye has the best ever tackling stats of any player in the league? Just been reading some numbers and they are phenomenal. Stat for stat, he is possibly the best player we've ever had, and we've gone and sold him.

If I'd known any of that before, I probably wouldn't have thought we would be fine without him.

Read somewhere that he made more tackles in 3 years than Kendall, Ball, Harvey, Dobson, Reid, Bracewell, Horne, Parkinson, Ebbrel, Speed, Hutchison, Dacourt, Carsley, Gravesen, Arteta, Cahill, Fellaini, and Gomes combined, and only slightly less than Tobias Linderoth.

On another note, I heard Manuel Fernandes is on a free. Bring a blue home Marcel.

Is it true that Gueye has the best ever tackling stats of any player in the league? Just been reading some numbers and they are phenomenal. Stat for stat, he is possibly the best player we've ever had, and we've gone and sold him.

If I'd known any of that before, I probably wouldn't have thought we would be fine without him.

Read somewhere that he made more tackles in 3 years than Kendall, Ball, Harvey, Dobson, Reid, Bracewell, Horne, Parkinson, Ebbrel, Speed, Hutchison, Dacourt, Carsley, Gravesen, Arteta, Cahill, Fellaini, and Gomes combined, and only slightly less than Tobias Linderoth.

On another note, I heard Manuel Fernandes is on a free. Bring a blue home Marcel.

Other than Kante, he only overtook him when Sarri moved him out of position.

It's not an exciting opportunity. It's a major issue.

For every tough tackle and brilliant interception, there was a misplaced pass or a wayward shot from outside the box.

Absolute guff. He did tackling a lot, and the shooting pretty sparingly. He wasn't a hugely ambitious passer, but that was Gomes' job.

Other than Kante, he only overtook him when Sarri moved him out of position.

It's not an exciting opportunity. It's a major issue.

Absolute guff. He did tackling a lot, and the shooting pretty sparingly. He wasn't a hugely ambitious passer, but that was Gomes' job.

So what you’re saying is... the opposition knew that if we stopped Gomes, they stopped our incisive forward passing?

Gutted.

Perhaps it was a move that had to happen. That’s a good fee and we can get younger in midfield.

But we are going to miss him. Very underrated player. And an incredible defensive mid playing on a yellow. How many times did he pick up early yellows and it seemingly never impacted his play whatsoever

Status
Not open for further replies.