2018/19 Idrissa Gueye

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just find it weird how we have fans so desperate to sell our best players.

Same way if someone comes in for Richarlison it'll be "let him go the lad deserves to be winning trophies" wtf whats the point of moving to BMD and spending loads on players if our intention is to forever be a middle of the road club?

Dont get me wrong most clubs are selling clubs but the clubs that sell and progress (Kopites, Athletico, Sevilla, Dortmund, Spurs) etc sell their players for big enough money to be able to reinvest it adequately.

We are selling a top player for £30 odd million and any replacement who wont likely be as good will cost £20-25 million - its not worth it mate.

PSG are loaded and will be getting about £90 million+ for Neymar - if they want Gana that bad give them a price that reflects his importance to us and its upto them to match it.

Palace have done the same with Zaha who is also desperate to leave to his boyhood club.
Unfortunately, what the fans think is irrelevant. The club buys and sells, not us.
We have no idea if there was an agreement with Gana from last year. Agents also have a part to play. If we made an agreement and don’t honour it, we may loose other targets.
It’s politics, a game of chess, it’s not straightforward.
We also don’t know if PSG have made a bid.

I don't want him to but i reckon he'll leave. One of our best players sadly but i won't begrudge anyone a 'dream move"

If we lose Gana we will be a lesser team in that area. We all thought we were going into this transfer window to be made stronger not weaker.
The window has still a while to run and we may be buying players who now press very high up the pitch, very quick players who will negate the need for a deep lying defensive midfielder. Our style may become much more fluid and much more attack minded.
Selling Gana is a backward step, I thought we had enough to do in the transfer window trying to cover Coleman and getting a goal scoring centre forward now we may need a top midfielder as well.

If we lose Gana we will be a lesser team in that area. We all thought we were going into this transfer window to be made stronger not weaker.
The window has still a while to run and we may be buying players who now press very high up the pitch, very quick players who will negate the need for a deep lying defensive midfielder. Our style may become much more fluid and much more attack minded.
Selling Gana is a backward step, I thought we had enough to do in the transfer window trying to cover Coleman and getting a goal scoring centre forward now we may need a top midfielder as well.
We are only weaker if we don't sign anyone else. Perhaps Silva wants a different type of centre mid to move away from having one that sits in front of the centre backs?

But he's worth alot more to our system/team so we shouldnt be selling fir anything less than silly money mate
That's not the point I'm making, We bought him for 7 million but you said and I quote "any replacement who wont likely be as good will cost £20-25 million" When Gueye proves that wrong from a garbage Villa team, Players are out there you just don't know it.

That's not the point I'm making, We bought him for 7 million but you said and I quote "any replacement who wont likely be as good will cost £20-25 million" When Gueye proves that wrong from a garbage Villa team, Players are out there you just don't know it.

Is righ LouchFrandel. There is no need for us to lash loads of money on a replacement, we need to spend money on the RIGHT replacement

If he is being sold its needs to be for big money and this week. We have massive holes in the squad that already need filled and this would add another. It can't run till the last day like it would have under Kenwright. He is replaceable of course, but not if we don't give ourselves any time.

Paris are a no mark club in many regards. Spent insane amounts of money to flop monumentally every year in europe and have no reputation or standing in the game whatsoever. They are everything wrong with modern football in many ways. They have plenty to afford him so I wouldn't be pandering to their low ball nonsense.

We are only weaker if we don't sign anyone else. Perhaps Silva wants a different type of centre mid to move away from having one that sits in front of the centre backs?

I thought that might be part of the reasoning for letting him go but my main point is we went into this window hoping to come out the other side stronger, we needed a goal scoring centre forward, two centre halves, signing Gomes, cover for Seamus Coleman. We have only managed to sign Gomes and now we may well be adding to our shopping list. Plus all the players we need to get off the wage bill. Zouma may be moving closer.
I have every confidence in Brands and Silva, they have made all the right noises but now we a getting down to the stage were deals need to be done.

The market place was totally different from when we signed Gueye to what it is now. Even clubs in Europe are charging £20 million+ for players as soon as an English club tries signing a player.

Im not disputing there are bargains out there however the current market has made that small pool alot smaller.

If it was that easy we would have signed a £10 million replacement for Rom who scores us 20 goals a season and PSG could save themselves £20 odd million and just sign one of these players instead of Gana - 9 times out of ten thats not how it works anymore.

I’d be happy with Sangare. Him and Delph combined would provide more than Gueye, besic and McCarthy and leave us with some extra to go towards other positions.

Status
Not open for further replies.