2018/19 Idrissa Gueye

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly, it's how Silva likes to play, so as long as Silva is here then Gana doesn't quite fit for me.
I don't think that's necessarily true. I do think we will at some point drop the #10 position and play with a deeper midfielder and two box to box players. In that system Gana could be the deepest player. We can't do that right now because Sigurdsson is too good to drop compared to the options who would replace him. Time will tell but that's at least what Silva was saying when he initially was appointed.

I thought he was utter gash along with his midfield partners.

He is great at tackling and that's it. His positional sense is woeful, he just can't hold his position. He just chases the ball leaving massive gaps and making our defence look even worse than it is.

He's at fault along with Gomes for the first goal. I know people say he is integral to our "system", if we have one, but I want a proper defensive midfielder who anchors the midfield.

He is great at tackling and that's it. His positional sense is woeful, he just can't hold his position. He just chases the ball leaving massive gaps and making our defence look even worse than it is.

He's at fault along with Gomes for the first goal. I know people say he is integral to our "system", if we have one, but I want a proper defensive midfielder who anchors the midfield.
What you talking about he’s a world class defensive midfielder. That’s why when ward prowse picked the ball and strolled 20 yards to the edge of our box and lashed one in. Gana was the invisible man

The biggest travesty in world football if he’s still an Everton player on February the 1st

He is not only great at tackling, he made good interception regularly too and a fair amount today. To be able to intercept that regularly means the positional sense is good.

With out fullback all over the place, it’s natural he is task to snub our counter as fast as possible, in order to do that, he had to roam a bit wider, which explains why he can’t simply hold ground and wait for the play to reach within 10yards of his “holding area” before he reacts. Schneiderlin is a defensive midfield who holds his ground no matter what happen, he is definitely a liability during our defensive phase. Not sure why we want Gana to do that.

He bottled a challenge that led to a goal.

He was pathetic in the second half. If it wasn't such a regular occurrence with him, then I'd say it looked like a player who fancied a move.
Bottled a challenge.. regular occurrence.. gana ??
I suppose it's all about opinions and I see you've got a couple of likes, but he doesn't strike me as a challenge shirker. Quite the opposite.

Status
Not open for further replies.