2022/23 Idrissa Gana Gueye

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just rewatched the match and he was unbelievably good. In a high stakes game of life or death for this club, where emotions and intensity could have ruined the game plan, he remained a perfectly calm presence and did the business on the defensive end, snuffing out several of their attacks. I thought it was very fitting that his sliding tackle basically ended the game. He has made his share of mistakes, some shockers, but when it mattered most, he did not shy away from the challenge. Top man.

Just rewatched the match and he was unbelievably good. In a high stakes game of life or death for this club, where emotions and intensity could have ruined the game plan, he remained a perfectly calm presence and did the business on the defensive end, snuffing out several of their attacks. I thought it was very fitting that his sliding tackle basically ended the game. He has made his share of mistakes, some shockers, but when it mattered most, he did not shy away from the challenge. Top man.
If only he could have put the ball in the net from about eight yards out instead of over the bar, would have been even better.

….despite not shirking a challenge, he gave away very few free kicks, especially in dangerous areas.

Status
Not open for further replies.