2022/23 Idrissa Gana Gueye

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really don't get the hate for him - his passing and shooting is poor, but I reckon we'd be in a much worse position without him there constantly chasing things down and winning the ball back
I have no hate for him, it’s sadness I tend to feel - he just always looks a yard off the player he was before he left for PSG so any comparison I make is vs him a few years back - that yard is pretty massive in the difference it makes between what he used to do and what he does now (I.e nipping in for the ball vs now late challenge / foul) - no real gripes from me, we have much worse players but I imagine a lot of people see his contribution similarly.

Gana needs somebody beside that can do the passing and creating...thats why he was so good when playing alongside a good gomes a few years ago. Whatever happens to us, I would keep him around as hard working player that rarely gets injured.

Gana needs somebody beside that can do the passing and creating...thats why he was so good when playing alongside a good gomes a few years ago. Whatever happens to us, I would keep him around as hard working player that rarely gets injured.

He has zero sense of positioning. What were seeing now is a press machine a yard off the pace.

Next season he has to be a sub option at best.

He has zero sense of positioning. What were seeing now is a press machine a yard off the pace.

Next season he has to be a sub option at best.
I suspect that was always the plan - have him plug that hole in the lineup until we get Garner up to Prem speed.

We'll need to borrow some midfield depth if we don't want to see Gueye starting fixtures next season.

Who is this 'good Gomes', of whom you speak?

Who is this 'good Gomes', of whom you speak?
The one that had one good season for us...and was unplayable including that great performance at anfield. He seem to have found some form in a easier league in France, maybe after that terrible injury his body just couldn't cope with the demand of English football.

He is 34 in September, what does anyone expect his best days and consistent form is assigned to history. He can just about do a job. We are where are for a reason. He turns up now and again.

Status
Not open for further replies.