Ian Marshall

Status
Not open for further replies.
wiki said:
Ian Paul Marshall (born March 20, 1966) is an English former professionalfootballer who played as a striker and defender from 1984 until 2002.
He notably played in the Premier League with Ipswich Town, Leicester City andBolton Wanderers, as well as playing in the Football League for Everton, Oldham Athletic and Blackpool.

Is it just me or does that make it sound like playing for us in the 'arl First Division was a lesser achievement ?

HaHa...
He retired from professional football in May 2002. He moved to Canada in 2005,[SUP][4][/SUP] where he now runs the Ian Marshall Soccer Academy.

He's gonna turn up with a mullet isn't he.

He used to go to my school (St.Wilfrids RC High, Litherland). He came into one of our PE lessons as a guest trainer whilst he was at Everton. I remember feeling somewhat underwhelmed by the experience.

One of my first matches sat with my next door neighbour who was giving young Marshall a mouthfull all first half..."dog****" "donkey" "bollocks" etc....only to be tapped on the shoulder be Marshalls dad sitting behind us....cringeworthy

...I'm so old I can remember him coming through the ranks. 'wholehearted' in the Mike Lyons mould. I remember the FA cup tie at Oldham on the plastic pitch. I think Marshall was playing for Oldham. Never been so cold and wet at a game. We drew courtesy of Macdonald giving away a stupid penalty and lost the replay at our place.
I'd say Marshall is one of those players you need to think of as an obscure answer to one of Arteta's trivia questions.

...I'm so old I can remember him coming through the ranks. 'wholehearted' in the Mike Lyons mould. I remember the FA cup tie at Oldham on the plastic pitch. I think Marshall was playing for Oldham. Never been so cold and wet at a game. We drew courtesy of Macdonald giving away a stupid penalty and lost the replay at our place.
I'd say Marshall is one of those players you need to think of as an obscure answer to one of Arteta's trivia questions.

I think time has got the better of your memory, If we're on about the same thing we lost in a 2nd replay at Boundary park after drawing the 1st replay at Goodison. I think the game we lost was the one were Macdonald gave the penalty away as well. It was an awful game from an Everton perspective.Macdonald was sh*te.

I remember him well. We played him up front at Phil Neal's tezzy at Anfield. We won 2-3 and he scored two. He was sold soon afterwards.

I think time has got the better of your memory, If we're on about the same thing we lost in a 2nd replay at Boundary park after drawing the 1st replay at Goodison. I think the game we lost was the one were Macdonald gave the penalty away as well. It was an awful game from an Everton perspective.Macdonald was sh*te.

..I've been out on the Guinness, so suspect you're right but I did think we drew the game Macdonald gave away the pen in. Thinking about it, perhaps Marshall gave away a pen at their end. Long time ago. Sharpy was brilliant that day and my feet have only just thawed out.

..I've been out on the Guinness, so suspect you're right but I did think we drew the game Macdonald gave away the pen in. Thinking about it, perhaps Marshall gave away a pen at their end. Long time ago. Sharpy was brilliant that day and my feet have only just thawed out.

Ahh you might be right I don't recall who gave the pen away but we did lose to a penalty and Macdonald had a shocker.

****ehawk remember him in the Oldham replay at Goodison - untalented should never been near our first team - thats how bad we were .. Shudders.

Sadly Crustysack it's a toss up between Marshall and one of The Reynolds Girls as the most famous person to come from our school in Litherland! Marshall was in the year below my sister.

Bigger than he looked as well when you got close up to him, wouldn't want to knock his beer over.

Presented our Cup Final medals in the Catholic Mens section, so have a soft spot for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.