I understand what Moyes is doing...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TX Bill

Player Valuation: £80m
...regarding Saha> you really want to try to get an out of form player back into form and that's by playing them.

Unfortunately, and as good as I think Saha can still be, it's painfully obvious to all but Moyes and Round that we're well past that point and that his continued inclusion in the starting 11 is hurting us to no end. The same can be said of Cahill as well.

Time for both to get an extended rest and give Vellios, Straq, and Barkley (when healthy) a run.

He's playing him because he's our best striker and one of our better footballers.

But his legs and confidence have gone, you can see it in his shocking first touch which, on form, is usually spot on.

We dont have other choices really.

I think Saha is gone...every footballer reaches that point.

Give Cahill a real rest before deciding.

Both actions require direction and leadership from Moyes so no chance of them happening soon.

Saha really ought to be given a chance to regain his form, but the best place for him to do that would be in the reserves for a few weeks, where the calibre of the players isn't as high. This applies to Cahill as well to a degree.

It's true. Techically Saha is still the best we have (I know that sounds unbelievable after his performance today and of late), he just appears to have no desire, pace or a decent touch or strike any more, yet he's the only striker you could imagine getting 2 goals in a game, or scoring a variety of different types of goal. There's only one way of getting him scoring again though and that is sadly playing him. However I feel like gauging my own eyes out when I see him start.

I still see Vic, Vellios and Straq as impact subs, not starters. We have to get a new striker in.

Have to agree.

Saha has just finished. He can't do what a striker needs to do.

Cahill I still beleive could be a decent impact sub but nothing more.

Saha really ought to be given a chance to regain his form, but the best place for him to do that would be in the reserves for a few weeks, where the calibre of the players isn't as high. This applies to Cahill as well to a degree.
i agree with you and i meant to include Vic also.

It's true. Techically Saha is still the best we have (I know that sounds unbelievable after his performance today and of late), he just appears to have no desire, pace or a decent touch or strike any more, yet he's the only striker you could imagine getting 2 goals in a game, or scoring a variety of different types of goal. There's only one way of getting him scoring again though and that is sadly playing him. However I feel like gauging my own eyes out when I see him start.

I still see Vic, Vellios and Straq as impact subs, not starters. We have to get a new striker in.
i dont disagree at all but i'd still like to see them start and see how they do for 90

Saha is (or maybe was) a very good footballer, but age catches up with every player and more so strikers. Think we've had resonable service out of him considering what we paid for him. Also seen some very good goals from him during his time here, but can't see him getting a new contract for next season. He'd have to deliver big time between now and end of season and I just can't see him doing it.

I think inclusion of Saha at this moment is not entirely through choice but more through lack of options. Moyles seems to beleive that a more 'experienced' player leading the line is a more viable option, than having Velios start with Saha coming on as the 'impact striker' with Big Vic.

With the 'shooting star' effect that Sir Landon is going to have, he's going to be gone just as we get used to having him here. He's at present giving us that edge by cutting inside and playing that deft ball to feet that worked so well for Vic today (Villa). Once that goes, it's back to hoofing the ball and relying on Baines to make the play. We need, quick minded quick footed strikers NOW, young , fresh and mobile. Not, disinterested, labouring, cumbersome, ageing and demoralised ones.

Change is needed and needed quick.

We don't have the squad to allow 2 woefully out of form players (which also happen to be our focal point in attack) to play themselves into anything resembling form.

City could allow Nasri to do this as they have Aguero, Dzeko and Balotelli running around him.

Yep, they've both gone Saha and Cahill. It's tough enough without carrying these two any longer.

It's sad to see such a quality player 1. hampered by injuries his entire career and 2. Forced to carry on when he's past it simply because we have no one decent in reserve.

To be fair to him though, he is shockingly low on confidence at the moment and if that changes, you never know. "Form is temporary, class is permanent". I wouldn't be surprised to see him ping in a few belters before the season is out. It's been less than 12 months since Blackpool! Not that he should start anymore. His confidence is too low to be playing more than cameos.

He was class in his first two years. The goal to win it against Chelsea was just amazing. Genius.

Status
Not open for further replies.