"I think he's going to do well here, he's exactly what we need"

Status
Not open for further replies.
A lot of people think we should move on from Martinez...

...yep, I honestly don't know. For me I think change is more of a risk at this stage. I'm not blindly saying he's the man but I'm wary that change could be drastic. History shows that teams who change manager after a short spell fail. I'd keep the faith for that reason alone and stay with RM.

Any ESCLA boys watching that video might have recognised the late Patsy Slevin......middle aged bloke in a flat cap.

Great fellow, Patsy ;)

Scouser domiciled in London and never missed a game, travelling up on the ESCLA train.

I knew him and shared many a post-match pint with him after our away games in London in the early 90s.

Ireland fan as well, he used to come over for the home games.

Hadn't seen him for many years so I didn't know he was no longer with us. Shocked to hear it.

RIP Pat (as I knew him).

I knew him and shared many a post-match pint with him after our away games in London in the early 90s.

Ireland fan as well, he used to come over for the home games.

Hadn't seen him for many years so I didn't know he was no longer with us. Shocked to hear it.

RIP Pat (as I knew him).

Yes, Patsy was a big Ireland fan, always went to Dublin for the games.

I was in Ireland with him was when we played Drogheda in a friendly circa 1995ish.

And also in Belfast when we played Glentoran in a pre season friendly in which Peter Beardsley scored his first goal for us.

He died round about the turn of the century, Ed.

RIP

Yes, Patsy was a big Ireland fan, always went to Dublin for the games.

I was in Ireland with him was when we played Drogheda in a friendly circa 1995ish.

And also in Belfast when we played Glentoran in a pre season friendly in which Peter Beardsley scored his first goal for us.

He died round about the turn of the century, Ed.

RIP

15 years ago ?? God, he wasn't that old then.

Great fella as you have said, quiet and unassuming but he spoke his mind about Everton.

Ar dheis Dé go raibh a anam.

Enjoyed free rail travel to most of our aways throughout the 80s and 90s courtesy of Paddy. lol ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.