I know it's been mentioned before but this is hilarious...

Status
Not open for further replies.

When I joined Liverpool in 1992, the first game of the season was a Charity Shield match at Wembley. We lost 4-3 to Leeds and, as we all piled back on the team bus, I'll never forget the bus driver – "Helmet", we called him – saying to me: "Don't worry, lad, we go to Wembley at least once a season here."

That was my introduction to Liverpool. The club that expects to go to Wembley. The club that expects success. As we now know, that was also the beginning of the end of Liverpool's dominant period, and later that season, Helmet took me aside once more to say, incredulously: "I can't believe we're not going to Wembley," as though it should have been a given.

Coincidence lol

Spot on. It's not that Moyes is in awe of everything at OT. He's just David Moyes -- a poor tactician.

Well despite his limitations he was good enough to do a job that had the vast majority of Evertonians cheering him to the rafters and thanking him for his contribution when he left.

What's changed at OT is that SAF is no longer in charge, and that has emboldened teams visiting OT this year.

I repeat - Moyes was not infallable but nor is he as bad as many like to make out now.

How does this bafoon get media space. Easily the most useless pundit I have ever seen or heard.
What was his 'fee'? If it was any more than 6p then the Guardian have been had off.

Status
Not open for further replies.