Hummel

Status
Not open for further replies.
That sort of thing in Blue?

Not a bad effort for Middlesborough.

It's obviously not a big deal but it's still not a positive.

Common sense on the internet ?
I'm not sure this will catch on.

I'm not that bothered one way or the other, but plainly there's a possible image issue. If we actually do change to Hummel from Umbro, I doubt it'll make much difference in shirt sales or income, so it's all a bit meh.

I'll tell you now it is very important. If you live within a certain vicinity of our ground ask any of our young support if they.ll buy a hummel everton kit and the answer will be no, it's very damaging.

Our potential support in North America will turn their nose, or not even have the opportunity, to buy one of our kits.

Hummel will be a massive commercial and marketing failure for us.

The Liverpool Nike deal will flood the city and globe with their gear because, it will be good and fashionable. A good example would the Nigeria shirt at the world cup. Sold out in hours.

I've just been to SE Asia, and everywhere you went, there were Liverpool shirts, Posters etc.... it's because they are the "In" team at the minute. If Liverpool struck a deal with Gola, Donnay or whatever, they'd still have the same exposure. They are Champions of the World, and therefore everyone wants them.

I don't buy for a second that an Everton fan wouldn't buy Everton gear if it's nice, purely cause its from an unfashionable brand. People talking about bespoke Nike things like with PSG, we would not get that, so it's moot.

Win trophies command £75m a year like United and Liverpool. Finish 10th and get deals like West Ham.

Status
Not open for further replies.