Hummel

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not necessarily that they care about the kit itself, more that it maybe just adds more fuel to the second class club fire. They go into school and get 'haha you lost again at the weekend' 'haha you haven't beaten us in your entire lifetime' 'haha you haven't won a trophy in your dad's lifetime' 'haha who the hell are sportpesa and hummel'. Kids are a nightmare for stuff like that, and there's less and less stuff that we can reply with. They need something to be proud of. The stadium could be a massive help in that regard.

Thats why most of us adults hate todays kids. They are so materialistic its unreal. Now though i see 20-25 year old parents who dont work, smoke 40 a day, snigg bags of charlie all weekend, bouncing around in alexander mcqueen shoes or valentinos. So you can see where the materialistic nature of kids actually comes from.

So if you dont have the lastest big named fashions on your body and you support a joke of a club like ours, you really are going to get bullied as a kid.
Infact i think after sunday most adults are now getting bullied by work mates and social media fans.

God it sucks to be a blue sometimes.

Nobody was mocking us saying who the hell is Le Coq Sportif and Hafnia meat products are crap.

I still don't buy Hitachi products to this day...
Oh you lucky, lucky boy! I was absolutely mocked for Le Coq Sportif and Kejian, and the smaller capacity of the ground etc. Luckily they weren't winning anything either at the time, and derbies were pretty even, so there was stuff to go back with. At the moment, it's slim pickings in that regard.

Think the answer to that is shown in the amount of kids you see in Barcelona, PSG, Liverpool trackies and training stuff in comparison to Everton, on Merseyside.
Kids will want the kit, but arent as likely to want extra gear.

Is that not just because they're the best teams though and have iconic players?

It's not necessarily that they care about the kit itself, more that it maybe just adds more fuel to the second class club fire. They go into school and get 'haha you lost again at the weekend' 'haha you haven't beaten us in your entire lifetime' 'haha you haven't won a trophy in your dad's lifetime' 'haha who the hell are sportpesa and hummel'. Kids are a nightmare for stuff like that, and there's less and less stuff that we can reply with. They need something to be proud of. The stadium could be a massive help in that regard.

It's been a long time since I was a kid so things might have changed but I only ever got ribbed at school for Everton being gash (it was the 90s) rather than the brand of the kit, which was never an issue regardless of club. But I guess it was a different time and I'm probably out of touch!

Is that not just because they're the best teams though and have iconic players?

And because it’s fashionable to be seen in the stuff. These kids aren’t just wearing kits, they’re wearing trackies and training gear. They aren’t walking round in Hummel or Umbro gear, regardless of whether they sponsor Everton.

Does. Not. Matter.

Long as the club make revenue from it (And a bloody good improvement on umbro) then that's all that matters.

Oh you lucky, lucky boy! I was absolutely mocked for Le Coq Sportif and Kejian, and the smaller capacity of the ground etc. Luckily they weren't winning anything either at the time, and derbies were pretty even, so there was stuff to go back with. At the moment, it's slim pickings in that regard.

I have never understood that. It's not as if you would turn around and go "yeah you are right, I should support Liverpool instead!"

No you’re not going to support someone else, but you’re less likely to want to wear the stuff.

I don't really agree with you there. In general sure, wearing a tracksuit different to the norm could lead to mockery, wearing a club based one wouldn't though and I don't think kids see that, they see it as an Everton trackie, not a Hummel (or whoever) one.

Anyway they will wear it once they realize how dapper they will look with the sexy chevrons.

Status
Not open for further replies.