'Howard's Way' Film

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will probably be brown bread though lol !!
Football documentaries

After 'Howard's Way' there may be another one worth a quick squint at on sky documentaries.

Not about us unfortunately but for football drama hard to beat ....

It's called simply '89 and includes classic footage and interviews telling the story of one of football's greatest triumphs - Arsenal's history-making win against the [Poor language removed] at the pit when Michael Thomas scored in the very last minute to switch the destination of the league title away from Anfield and down instead to Highbury, on goal difference too (0-2).

(The [Poor language removed] only needed any result better than a loss by two goals and Anfield was packed for one of those famous nights under floodlights and a big party, 0-1 into the last minute it was their's, then Michael Thomas changed it all, bursting through on a breakaway accepting a pass and finishing brilliantly, their balloon burst and the ground went completely silent - all except for the noisy Arsenal contingent in their section of the Anfield Road end)

There's a book called 'Fever Pitch' by Nick Hornby on this too which is worth a read
And the film version of Fever Pitch also.

Inappropriate Language
Loved it, very well made. They stuck together that great side, so many characters. The wonderful jobs that Alan Harper, Paul Power, Andy Gray, Reidy, Nev, Sharpy, Pat. Kev Richardson,Derek M,not forgetting Sheeds who we got for nothing from The [Poor language removed]. Numerous others all for not a lot of money. Wonderful times never to be forgotten.

I got the dvd a while back and in the extras there’s extended highlights of the 5-0 Utd game. The first minute or so of that is unbelievable - we must make about 7-8 blocks/tackles and set about Utd at 100 mph - talk about setting the tone for the game

I love the film but has anyone watched it with the subtitles? They’re so bad it’s hilarious, whoever did them can’t understand a scouse accent, Peter Reid’s subtitled description of the midfield in Munich had me crying with laughter.

Finally got round to watching it. Remember many of those games featured. We were set to be right in there for the next few seasons until "H".

Watching the turnouts for the team coming home got to me. Had me thinking that the majority of our City are Blue.

It was nice how everyone of that 85 squad were interviewed. Including Harper and Richardson who played vital roles in our success.

It was nice how everyone of that 85 squad were interviewed. Including Harper and Richardson who played vital roles in our success.

Yes and a marked contrast to the way players such as Paul Power and Wayne Clarke were absolutely ignored as members of the 86/87 title winning team, in fact 86/87 team was largely ignored, the coverage of 86/87 was very poor indeed imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.