Howard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why's there a gap in the wall, and why isn't it covering the post? Can't fault the strike or the attempt to save it, but a bit untidy from us to let that happen.

It all depends on what was said by him to the wall. If he told them to line up like that he got it wrong.

If he tried to get them to move right but they took no notice there's not much he can do.

Still don't know why Pienaar was stood where he was, should have been on the end of the wall.

Not necessarily his positioning as in where he's standing at fault there, but the wall's got to be further wide to defend against that.

Exactly. The whole point of the wall is to defend one side of the goal so that in theory, the keeper has less of an area to cover. Wall didn't really do it's job there did it?

One more person on that side of the wall and job done.

Someone need to organise our bloody defense on set pieces. Traditionally that's the keeper.

As far as I could tell, the defense was organized fine. The players just lost their marks. The freekick, Howard should have set his wall better, but the fact that our defense couldn't follow a mark isn't on him at all.

Bumped.

Excellent game today, and his form so far this year has been excellent. Don't know if it's competition, health, his new co-announcer status? Whatever. His form has been great.

Keep up the good work Timmy.

Bumped.

Excellent game today, and his form so far this year has been excellent. Don't know if it's competition, health, his new co-announcer status? Whatever. His form has been great.

Keep up the good work Timmy.

New goalkeeper coach potentially as well.

Didn't watch the full match yet because I was fixing the dishwasher but popped my head up for numerous replays and he looked amazing tonight. Whatever's got him playing like this needs to stay, whether it be coaching, actual competition for his position, or the beard.

Status
Not open for further replies.