How Important is Baines?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The point is that when Baines plays we become predictable, we were far less predictable without him in the side today, even though he is one of our best players for creating chances.

You could say the same for a huge amount of teams with their best players who create their opportunities. It's nonsense. We would of created much more had we had Baines playing.

Baines must stay. People say get a replacement for a fraction of the price, and act like it will automatically work out. THis isn't Newcastle, we don't get lucky as **** with every signing we make.

PFA team of the year: Hart, Walker, Kompany, Coloccini, Baines, Yaya Toure, Silva, Bale, Parker, Rooney, van Persie

Congrats Leighton

Is it wrong to wish an injury on cole so the whole world can see him in the summer? Great player, unfortunately I think he is gonna out grow us! A bit like rooney did and what bale is doing at spurs...these guys need to be in the big time and we cant give it to him

How can you say we have spread our play? At times we could of created some excellent chances had we had a left back who is competent enough on the ball to create a chance. We'd probably of created much more had we had Baines in today.

What I meant is when Baines is on the pitch we sometimes rely on him too much to get a cross in instead of using the other players available, against Sunderland Anichebe, Osman, Pienaar and Gueye scored, that was our two wingers and the player just off Stracqualursi, then Anichebe came off the bench and scored, to me that is using our resources to more of an advantage than Pienaar to Baines who crosses towards goal??

Its evident that if Baines had played today then we would have created more chances that goes without a doubt, I am not disputing that, what I said was we can sometimes use Baines too much which takes out other players such as Osman and Pienaar who can contribute more if Baines is not there

When I heard earlier of one of our players Getting in the PFA team of the year, I knew without thinking, it was Baines. That says it all.

He deserves it.

Baines was half as good this season as he was last! Still the best LB in the league for sure but it goes to show how criminal last year's PFA XI was.

Status
Not open for further replies.