How Important is Baines?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was thinking about this before and this is what i think.

8 Goals in 2 games played without Baines. Does this mean we're better without him? Of course not, but what it COULD mean, is that we OVER RELY on Baines when he plays. When he doesn't play, we try other things. When he plays, he's our only route.

In a nutshell.

The Sunderland game (4-0) would've looked and played different with him at left back because, like we've done with Cahill, our game plan revolves around him.

Which then goes back to Moyes and his tactics.

In a nutshell.

The Sunderland game (4-0) would've looked and played different with him at left back because, like we've done with Cahill, our game plan revolves around him.

Which then goes back to Moyes and his tactics.
Moyes might notice this now though, 2 good results without him, maybe see a change in how we play.

Moyes might notice this now though, 2 good results without him, maybe see a change in how we play.

But he should be doing that from the off, which is why its effin frustrating and why we dont turn till January.

I've said all along, he's just got to use the players he's got and their abilities rather that moulding the team to play a certain way. He seems reluctant to that and has to wait for injuries/suspensions/transfers to make him change it.

The Sunderland game was probably the best football we've played all season

Maybe all our bad performances are down to baines, and the great tactician moyes has never noticed because that brute baines never got himself injured!

FFS baines!

Scoring 4 goals in our last 2 league games... more to do with our misfiring aussie not playing... much as i love him.

This.

Cahill didn't play against Sunderland and he came on as a sub today. Baines is one of our key players and arguably our best, Cahill isn't. Well not any more. I think the question is how important is Cahill?

I was worried Baines would leave last summer, but the fact that he didn't when there were a few huge clubs in desperate need of a LB, I feel he's got some loyalty towards Everton. I think he'll be here for a while, and he's still go plenty to give.

Without Baines the last 2 games we have spread our play our more and tried to change from our normal way, but selling him seems a bit too extreme, if Baines went then what would stop our other highly rated players like Fellaini, Jagielka etc from moving on as well? Baines is getting nearer to that England Left Back place each week, so if push comes to shove we should at the least wait until he has pushed Cole aside then cash in?

Now, before I get jumped on by everyone for saying this, I acknowledge that Baines is one of our most talented players and may in fact be our most talented player. I have his name on my shirt FFS. But really, after watching two of our best performances of the season come without him even on the bench, I wonder if we may be better off selling him over the summer. It seems like we are over-reliant upon his crossing and passing from the left when he plays which makes our play incredibly predictable. Without Baines against Sunderland and Man U we have played some cracking open football and really looked a balanced side.

If we get an offer over 15 million in the summer for him I'd take it in a heartbeat, spend 3-5 on a replacement and the rest on pienaar and donovan. Then we'd have a side that would be ready to make a real run next year.

What are your thoughts?

Jesus. Jesus Christ. I can't breathe. I can't actually breathe. I've never read anything like it in all my time.

Without Baines the last 2 games we have spread our play our more and tried to change from our normal way, but selling him seems a bit too extreme, if Baines went then what would stop our other highly rated players like Fellaini, Jagielka etc from moving on as well? Baines is getting nearer to that England Left Back place each week, so if push comes to shove we should at the least wait until he has pushed Cole aside then cash in?

How can you say we have spread our play? At times we could of created some excellent chances had we had a left back who is competent enough on the ball to create a chance. We'd probably of created much more had we had Baines in today.

How can you say we have spread our play? At times we could of created some excellent chances had we had a left back who is competent enough on the ball to create a chance. We'd probably of created much more had we had Baines in today.

I thought this.

The point is that when Baines plays we become predictable, we were far less predictable without him in the side today, even though he is one of our best players for creating chances.

Status
Not open for further replies.