How good can Mirallas be?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not a wingers job to track back.

Indulge the [Poor language removed], let him run riot.

As others have said he does track back and get stuck in. He's just not massively astute with that side of the game.

There's a difference between defensive indiscipline and laziness.

But it is. You can't leave a full back two on one every time.

Precisely.

This isn't La Liga, which is why the comparisons to Ronaldo are ridiculous. Nobody is saying he needs to be running back every single time we lose the ball, but there have been times when he has definitely needed to get back to help Seamus out and he hasn't done.

There are times when he needs to get back, but it shouldn't be a matter of makes sure you double up on the oppo's winger every time, which I imagine Moyes want's from his wingers.

He's got the pace and trickery to be helping out defensively just by positioning himself properly. Once he's on other sides radars him finding space for an early ball out to get a run at a full back or centre halfs will make opposition managers set up differently, either with a man hanging back from midfield or doing what we done with Bale.

I hope we find a way to use his skills to thier fullest.

He's young and just made his first proper big move I wouldn't expect him to have all of his game perfect yet. If he did he wouldn't of cost 5M that's for sure. On a positive note he's not lazy and works hard so I'm sure he will adapt and learn quick.

I don't expect Landon Donovan had that in his game at the same age either.

Obviously, like all sane Toffees, very impressed with are latest Belg wonder. I get the impression that there is a lot more to come from him as he adjusts to the Prem and his new club, just wondering out aloud to be honest but I think he could become a huge player for us.

He has a touch of snide about him, immense pace and that all important Davey M work-rate plus the ability to bag goals (scored tonight against Serbia), Everton cult-hero in the making?:oops:

Mirallas can be as good as we need him to be. His finish today that was ruled out for offside was a world-class finish.

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/archive/2013/07/11/mirallas-webchat-friday

Fans will be able to put their questions to winger Kevin Mirallas when the Belgian holds a live webchat on evertonfc.com on Friday.

The Blues’ No.11 is currently away with the squad at a pre-season training camp in Austria but will take time out from his hectic schedule to man the website from around 7.45pm UK time*.

Mirallas notched nine goals in his debut season for the Blues following his arrival last August from Greek outfit Olympiakos.

And the former Lille and St Etienne star will be hoping to get another successful campaign underway on Sunday when Everton tackle Austria Vienna in a friendly at the 13,000-capacity Generali Arena.

To put your question to Mirallas – be it about the game, the training camp, his interests or his teammates – simply head to evertonfc.com from around 7.35pm and follow the link on the homepage.

Everton's game against Austria Vienna will be shown live on evertontv.

The contest is part of a complete pre-season package available for just £17.99.

Status
Not open for further replies.