How feasible would a fan buy out be and would it work? Just an idle thought

Status
Not open for further replies.
May I introduce to you the Green Bay Packers?

They're one of the most successful and storied clubs in American football, and have been publicly owned since 1923.
It would be a massive campaign, but it's not unthinkable that an organized and motivated group could get £1,000 from 500k people (something on the order of the number of Green Bay shareholders), even less if the organizing body had the support of certain celebrities whose shares would lessen the burden or the number of investors needed. If such a thing ever could happen, then shareholders could be given voting rights as in Green Bay, and it would become the people's club, electing a board and president, and able to give a genuine vote of no confidence.

Just waiting in for a delivery, between 8am and 6pm they said, so a bit bored lol

Mind got wondering about the above. It's not working with the current owners etc and he wants out.

A calculator tells me 10k each from 50,000 people would raise 500,000,000.

Would we own it for that and what would we do with it if the deal got struck? At least it would then be a true peoples club what ever league we played in.
Then we can all shout at each other when we have no money left for transfers! Could sell tickets to the inevitable royal rumble though lol

Just waiting in for a delivery, between 8am and 6pm they said, so a bit bored lol

Mind got wondering about the above. It's not working with the current owners etc and he wants out.

A calculator tells me 10k each from 50,000 people would raise 500,000,000.

Would we own it for that and what would we do with it if the deal got struck? At least it would then be a true peoples club what ever league we played in.
Apart from lots of people giving cash to the person(s) who own the club, I could think of much better ideas to pay for things like heating and resources for schools and food for hungry people. Asking Joe Average to pour money into that heap of corruption is a crazy idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.