Votes: 398 56.1%
  • Not all that

Votes: 51 7.2%
  • Queso en pan tostado

Votes: 36 5.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
We have 4 defenders at our club that have conclusively proven they are reliable and up to our standards. We are one injury away at any of those positions from being catastrophically fvcked. Reinforcing our backline already needs to be our top priority, and there's no reason to add the task of replacing Coleman on top of what we already have to do.

If United offer ridiculous money as they seem to love to do for defenders, we probably won't be in a position to turn it down, but it will need to be an astronomical fee.

We have 4 defenders at our club that have conclusively proven they are reliable and up to our standards. We are one injury away at any of those positions from being catastrophically fvcked. Reinforcing our backline already needs to be our top priority, and there's no reason to add the task of replacing Coleman on top of what we already have to do.

If United offer ridiculous money as they seem to love to do for defenders, we probably won't be in a position to turn it down, but it will need to be an astronomical fee.
And 25m isn't astronomical enough.

Why would they say that?

Of course Seamus is up for sale if an outrageous amount of money is offered.

Every footballer on this planet would be sold if an offer way over his worth is received.

I actually don't think that's true.

I don't think big clubs would sell the likes of Ronaldo or Messi because they cannot be replaced by a single player and they don't need the money.

I also think clubs in our position should not sell players just because a big offer comes in because our players also cannot be replaced. We can't sign 20m+ CL players barring extraordinary circumstances (like Rom). For the most part those players won't come here even if we had the money from a sale because we don't have CL. So we have to develop those players. If we sell them we can't replace them because plug and play replacements in terms of quality want CL football. Easier to convince a Coleman to stay than convince a CL quality RB (or a CL level RB and CM depending on how your fantasy involves spending the money) to come to the club that finished 11th last year.

We have as good a form as anyone in the league for holding firm on our players to get a decent price.

Fans saying that a sale should never be considered are not living in the real world.

Bar Real Madrid and Barca every club in the world is a selling club. It's just a question of price. Somewhere in there you'd also add the Billionaire backed clubs but even say City - if Aguero had his head turned by Barcelona what would they do of he threatened to go on strike?

I love Coleman but every player has his price.

£28m please plus Hernandez on loan for a year with an option to buy.

If Colman wants to go and United really want him, then he will go, I hope he doesn't , he's a good player and if we get a
good price for him, whatever it is , it never gets spent, or very little of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.