Are you happy

• Yes

Votes: 213 76.3%
  • No

Votes: 66 23.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
No I’m not happy, but we have a core group of players without the cajones to even try and pretend to play a bit for Carlo friggin Ancelotti who is the best manager many of them will ever play under. I hope we are ruthless over the coming weeks and rip the squad to absolute pieces because I can’t watch the on field apathy anymore.

Some of his tactical tweaks during games have won us points we were well on the way to losing, while I think we maybe used 442 in games we shouldn't have and perhaps he could have started Kean in a couple more games.

But at the end of the day, we've got a champions league level manager (he won it only 5 odd years ago!) and a team largely full of nobodies who have tapped out and are going through the motions or just aren't up to scratch to begin with.

We have seen managers come and get sacked and players downing tools. Will the same happen to Carlos?

Maybe not bad apples but just bad players who can't follow managers instructions.

Completely unrealistic to judge him so far. Came in mid-season and then had to deal with the fall out of a global pandemic.

He'll have learnt a lot about the strengths and weaknesses of his playing squad and the the overall structure and culture of the club.

With covid19, I think his job is even harder. Limited funds (likely) and a short pre-season won't help. No fans in the ground won't help either.

I hate to use him and them as an example but what Klopp has done with the RS and uniting their club is what we need Carlo to do. Much harder when no-one can go the game. If he can do that, a united club is much stronger than one where the fans don't trust the players/manager and there is infighting between the fans.

Next season we should look for improvement. We got 49 points so getting close to 60 points and maybe Top 8 should be a realistic aim. Think 2021/22 will be the season where we may see a bigger leap. In the meantime I'd expect there to be some ups and some downs. That'll be a refection on the state of the club and the task in hand rather than the manager's performance.

Honest question for those who voted No, considering these players have been totally c@#p for multiple managers what did expect from Ancelotti considering he hasn’t even had a proper transfer window yet ?

Honest question for those who voted No, considering these players have been totally c@#p for multiple managers what did expect from Ancelotti considering he hasn’t even had a proper transfer window yet ?
i voted no, but it's not because of him. i think most people voting no are doing so without stating he's the issue. i for one refuse to vote yes

I tried to avoid the Brands debate ,what is missing in his criticism is the amount of players needing to go has truly hampered him in buying ,so many have gone or at least been farmed out it is easy to forget ,yes I agree that some of his signings have not hit the right spot but no one ever has a blemish free history of signings ,not Kendall nor Ferguson ,no one .
The amount of players had to be reduced ,that was his remit at first and as we all seem to agree that alone was a job and a half .When you think we have only just got rid of Niasse and co and still have quite a few others to show the door ,it is easy to see the job he has still to do all the time hampering the recruitment .
He did however sign Jarrad Branthwaite or is that a no no ? Do we just mention the ones he signed that have not impressed us ?

He'd have gotten around 7th with this squad if he was here all season right?

That's fairly good given that we hardly strengthened the team last summer and we all know the problems with these players that Carlo didn't pick.

It starts with the manager. He's getting the best he can out of the bunch but he needs backing to improve. That won't happen in a season, it won't happen in two. But we should start to see more improvement as he shapes his squad.

I would guess that in four years you won't see any of the names on the team sheet that you do now but we could have some silver in the trophy room. The right backing and why not?

When you've got someone like Sigurdsson... a footballer that doesn't want the ball then it doesn't matter what the plan is in a game. If we can see it then you can bet your last quid that Carlo can.
There's not a 1 left now that I have an attachment to cos Coleman keeps trotting out that same clap trap & I despise the fact that he's our main threat on the right. They can sell whoever as there are only a couple I'd be arsed about.

Status
Not open for further replies.