Home grown

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harry73

Player Valuation: £750k
Hi all,

A very occasional poster but felt I needed to share how proud I am that last night, Everton started the match with nine home grown players starting on the pitch. We must be the only club that can boast this.

1 American
1 Irish lid
4 English
2 Belgs
3 Scots

Only Leighton is home grown mate.

L32 REPPIN

He's not really home grown either, is he? I suppose he partly is -because of the obvious connections- but he cost us money at the end of the day. Barkley - now that's home grown.

He's not really home grown either, is he? I suppose he partly is -because of the obvious connections- but he cost us money at the end of the day. Barkley - now that's home grown.

I know what he meant, but according to the prem rules, only 4 players who started are classed as home grown, Baines, Jags, Barry and McCarthy, you could add Aids, Nais and Coleman I suppose, for the sake of arguement and Lukaku is stupidly classed as home grown and Stones, but both are under 21 so dont count.

But yes, Barks is the only 1 I class as home grown currently getting first team games, Ossie and Hibbo of course.

I know what he meant, but according to the prem rules, only 4 players who started are classed as home grown, Baines, Jags, Barry and McCarthy, you could add Aids, Nais and Coleman I suppose, for the sake of arguement and Lukaku is stupidly classed as home grown and Stones, but both are under 21 so dont count.

But yes, Barks is the only 1 I class as home grown currently getting first team games, Ossie and Hibbo of course.

Haha, I just counted 9 english, scots and Irish and assumed he was on about that.

Hi, I was meaning home as in country (ish) rather than city or club. At a time where the Prem is widely criticised for foreign players, it struck me that we are leading the fight!

Status
Not open for further replies.