Holy Trinity Statue

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't hate it but I don't love it either. If that was done for 3 great players that were from different eras it would have made sense. But these were together on the same pitch. I would have loved to have seen something that showed some interaction between them. They might of well just had separate statues as it stands.

But saying that the casts look decent and the base doesn't look like it came out of a cracker.
Same thoughts.
Looks very good but think they have missed a trick not putting them in a line as we all associate them .

I think it;s superb. I also think that the way they're arranged is perfect for the position it's in. Whichever way you approach the ground you have one of the trinity facing you.
For those moaning that they should be in line, I noticed that the three bases are in fact seperate, which means that depending on where they are sited at Bramley Moore, they may well be placed in line.

Decent?

Those 3 deserve far more than decent.

Lovely n'all that, blah, blah, blah...

They had one job.
View attachment 57756
They failed IMO

A statue of that photograph would, I agree, have been perfect, but the one unveiled today is better than I imagined it to be.

Looks good lit up too.

Decent?

Those 3 deserve far more than decent.

Lovely n'all that, blah, blah, blah...

They had one job.
View attachment 57756
They failed IMO
Think it looks amazing and i really like the unique arrangement.
A statue of this picture would have been perfect.......
Stick with my original thought, it's just not what it should be all in a line not facing away from each other. On a side note did anyone listen to Alan Ball's son on radio Merseyside after the match talking about the statue, you would swear it was his dad( in his later years) sounds exactly like him.
Same thoughts.
Looks very good but think they have missed a trick not putting them in a line as we all associate them .

Harvey himself, plus Howard's and Bally's families were all consulted on the layout of the statues and they were all in favour of what we say today.

Status
Not open for further replies.