Hibs v Everton pre season friendly?

Status
Not open for further replies.
First time I'd seen him was at Hibs as I was living up there at the time but had been told what to expect. Minutes into the game and he cuts in from the left and hits a shot from 30 yards with the outside of his foot that whizzes past the post.
Unbelievable talent...which I knew almost immediately we'd lose because of the nobheads in charge...and who are still in charge.

The problem wasn't with the nobheads in charge it was with the manager in charge

The problem wasn't with the nobheads in charge it was with the manager in charge

If we're apportioning blame, you might want to include his agent.

But hey, on the subject of pre-season friendlies, I hope we don't play Inverness! What a massive journey that would be.

If we're apportioning blame, you might want to include his agent.

But hey, on the subject of pre-season friendlies, I hope we don't play Inverness! What a massive journey that would be.

True. He played a massive part. I'm no Kenwright lover but I really can't blame him for Rooney going. Anyway,back on topic. I don't see the point in playing Jock teams in pre-season

Any, back on topic. I don't see the point in playing Jock teams in pre-season

I don't either. I'd much rather we went on a tour of the U.S., and used one of our assets, i.e. Tim Howard's huge U.S. popularity, to boost the profile of the club.

We never seem to capitalise on anything, even when it falls right in our laps. I don't see what we gain from playing the likes of Dundee. We might as well stay at home and play Tranmere and Wigan - it's the same level of football.

With the continuing financial mess that we were in then it was only a matter of time before Rooney was sold to the highest bidder, whoever the manager was. The board knew it, the manager knew it, Rooney and his agents knew it, and the dogs in the street knew it.

This is the same board who having said that his price was £50m during Euro 2004 sold him 2 months later at less than half that.

bloody hell mate! leeds away is one of the best away games.

Wasn't when we played them in the League Cup a few years back. Dump of a ground, near crush in the concourse trying to get a pint, idiot stewards and police. Then after the match murder outside the ground with Leeds fans trying to attack us.

SEVEN people were arrested at Everton FC’s away game in the Capital One Cup against Leeds United last night.

West Yorkshire Police and some fans clashed with supporters chanting “Police Murderers” and “Justice for the 96”.

Fans said batons and truncheons were used against them by police.

The police claimed that “what trouble occurred was isolated and attributable to the actions of a small minority of visiting supporters numbering no more than 50”.

West Yorkshire Police released a statement this morning.

It said a white double decker bus had originally been booked by a group “purporting to be visiting the Dewsbury Rams Rugby League ground”.

“When the fans got on the bus, the driver was then directed to Elland Road but the fans alighted before reaching the stadium.”

The police said about a dozen from this group are believed to have gone to the Peacock pub opposite Elland Road Stadium and “chanted provocatively before being ejected from the premises”.

One man was the arrested for public order offences.

“During the match, a number of smoke bombs were let off in the West stand, which following the use of the stadium CCTV, led to the identification and arrest of one man.

“Following the match, the same group who had entered the Peacock public house gathered in the West stand car park and again chanted provocatively amongst a congested crowd that were dispersing in an orderly manner.

“They were dispersed by officers assisted by stewards of the club.”

In total seven people were arrested. West Yorkshire Police said they were now looking a footage to see if they could bring football banning orders.

I went to see us against Dunfirmline on that pre-season tour. There was a great Blues turnout as a 16 year old Rooney had just scored a hatful in the previous games on the tour. First time I'd seen him in the flesh and couldn't believe the size of him for his age. Gravesen ran the show and we won 3-0.

The mighty Pars, pride of the slightly weird Fifers.

Said it before. Tour should be to UAE or Quatar and sell our great club and fans to the Arabs. ...the way forward. .... Remember city - They were s..t and going nowhere .... We could be next if our board and marketing people woke up ...

Said it before. Tour should be to UAE or Quatar and sell our great club and fans to the Arabs. ...the way forward. .... Remember city - They were s..t and going nowhere .... We could be next if our board and marketing people woke up ...

Far too logical that mate.

nobody goes to the middle east in july,its so hot you cant even go out during the day,nevermind train.
even when the sun goes down its 45 odd degrees.
but hey ho,lets hold the world cup there,
the reason they want to play scottish teams is because of the training camp at st andrews.

Alway
Hope not. What an absolute hole that Elland Road is. I know some people slate Goodison but Leeds ground is an absolute dump. I remember there being trouble outside the ground there too, a few years back when we played them in the League Cup.
Always enjoyed away days there......proper football ground and crowd with atmosphere. Not a sterile vacuum like lots of aways.

Status
Not open for further replies.