Help with watching the derby in San Francisco

Status
Not open for further replies.

terrett101

Player Valuation: £25k
Hey guys, I've not posted much on here, but I've been around a while reading, and this is always where I come for my latest Everton news. I also use this forum as there are a decent amount of American, or American based, fans on here. I am the latter, and this is why I write to you all now.

I live in Boston (British expat), but will be in SF on the morning of the derby in a few weeks. Needless to say I am desperate to catch the game, however with it being live at 4:45 AM PST I think it's unlikely any of the local soccer bars will be open. So basically, I am posting on here to see if there are any kind-hearted Evertonians who might be willing to have an extra join them for the game. I'll be downtown in the city, on fourth st I believe, but will be willing to travel anywhere downtown to catch it.

If you can help, or know someone who might be able to help me out, then please get in touch. I'm obviously happy to communicate outside of the forums prior to the game, to establish that I'm not a psycho or internet weirdo etc etc. Thanks everyone!

Mad Dog In The Fog was a Brit pub on Haight Street (near Fillmore) that used to open that early and show games. I have seen some good games there...St. Pete Zenith (?), Man Utd, Chelsea, etc.

I was last there a few years ago. Brit clientele and food. I was the misfit in my own hometown.

Watching streams on the 'Net has changed all that for me. Why go out at that hour now?

I was going to call and check with both Mad Dog in the Fog and Danny Coyle's which seems to be the better bar these days for watching football (according to Yelp). But I'm looking on both the FSC and Setanta schedules and am not seeing the game anywhere (I swear it was on Setanta before), so now I'm not sure what to do. If anyone's getting up to watch it on a stream, I'm definitely down to watch still. Although I'll try to pick it up on any wifi I can pick up around the hotel, although my fingers aren't corssed.

It's on ESPN2.

So you should have it in your hotel room if need be. ;)

I'll be working in Alaska that day so I'm getting up at 3:30 in the morning to watch the match before work. Glad it's on ESPN2 this year so I don't have to try and find a stream that isn't blocked.

ESPN TV Schedule

It's on ESPN2.

So you should have it in your hotel room if need be. ;)

I'll be working in Alaska that day so I'm getting up at 3:30 in the morning to watch the match before work. Glad it's on ESPN2 this year so I don't have to try and find a stream that isn't blocked.

ESPN TV Schedule

Getting up?

Don't you mean going to bed late? :D

Wow, what are the odds that the one game of the year where I would struggle to find FSC or Setanta, it's on ESPN. I love it when the TV scheduling works in my favour, it's such a rare occurence. Can't get around the 4:45 AM start unfortunately, but at least I don't have to go anywhere. Thanks for the help Huey and TX Bill.

Last edited:
Getting up?

Don't you mean going to bed late? :D

I've done that one days I wasn't working but I'll be working six to six the days before / after the derby. I'll need to get some sleep before heading straight to work after the match.

Status
Not open for further replies.