Has the real Everton finally stood up ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The fact that we performed like that proves one thing to me. Koeman defo hasn't lost the dressing room.

I will reiterate the point I made in the transfer thread though. We don't need wholesale changes. A couple of players with the right character who will instill that kind of spirit in the team from the kick off, whether we're playing Arsenal under the floodlights at Goodison or away to Hull in an early kickoff on a Sunday.

We need evolution, not revoloution.

It's probably more the real 'potential' Everton than the real Everton. There are still some who are playing that remember how to turn up for top six, and go wandering against the rest. I think Koeman needs to offload those that are 'damaged' by this ethos & replaces them with players who hold no baggage. Of course, that means a little more pain before gain.

We tend to do well against the top 6 since Koeman took over.
Apart from Chelsea, so far so good.
Chelsea - loss
Arsenal - win
Man City - draw
Tottenham - draw
Man Utd - draw

What team are Liverpool most similar to out of them? Man City, but better attack, worse defence?
Need to have the high work rate again, gotta press that defence.

After a good performance yesterday I expect us to kick on from here provided that we match that effort and intensity. What worries me is that this is a one off and we get piss performances again.

But for now COYB !!!!!
Dont get carried away by one game.

We always get carried away by one game.

Derby next. If we dont get destroyed then it'll be a bonus.

Apart from Chelsea, so far so good.
Chelsea - loss
Arsenal - win
Man City - draw
Tottenham - draw
Man Utd - draw

What team are Liverpool most similar to out of them? Man City, but better attack, worse defence?
Need to have the high work rate again, gotta press that defence.

Too bad Klopp switched keepers. I would have loved to see Karius in goal against us. ;)

image-w448.jpg

while just one match, it is the most recent one. maybe the combination of grit and passion they played with combined with the result will help.

if anything, i think the team is sorely lacking in confidence.

and (finally) having the home barn rocking for a match sure can't hurt.

hopefully they've turned a corner, but it's still a one off for me until proven otherwise. amusingly we have the perfect match to see if just a one night stand or a trend.

Dont get carried away by one game.

We always get carried away by one game.

Derby next. If we dont get destroyed then it'll be a bonus.

In my expererience with this club it is actually advisable to get "carried away" with one game because by and large our good days come in isolated patches.

(think the Chelsea cup tie last season amidst the sea of dross that preceded and succeeded it :()

So I am well carried away by Monday's resurgence and will be giving it large and fully expecting a big show come Monday night :dance:

Shows what absolute ridiculousness of moaning about the crowd being negative. One tackle was all it took to get the crowd on side. We will never accept passive apathetic turgid rubbish. The players realised something had to change to stop it getting poisonous.

Status
Not open for further replies.