Has anyone ever sat in the away end at goodison

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frank Gallagher

Player Valuation: £50m
sounds like a strange question i know, but maybe someone has been given a ticket or maybe the only way to see the game was having to sit in the away end!

the reason being, last night alot of people , pundits and players have said how much the crowd influenced the team when we got behind them.

ive obviously sat in with the away support at our own matched and heard various other clubs fans.

i was just intrigued to know if anyone has heard goodison in full harmony from an away fans perspective and is it really that intimidating.

im guessing the atmosphere would come across a hell of a lot different at goodison being sat in amongst 3000 or so away fans that have been silenced by one of our goals. a late winner like last night must surely be even worse for the away end!

sounds like a strange question i know, but maybe someone has been given a ticket or maybe the only way to see the game was having to sit in the away end!

the reason being, last night alot of people , pundits and players have said how much the crowd influenced the team when we got behind them.

ive obviously sat in with the away support at our own matched and heard various other clubs fans.

i was just intrigued to know if anyone has heard goodison in full harmony from an away fans perspective and is it really that intimidating.

im guessing the atmosphere would come across a hell of a lot different at goodison being sat in amongst 3000 or so away fans that have been silenced by one of our goals. a late winner like last night must surely be even worse for the away end!

Only sat there when we played Villarael in a pre season friendly, one where that Rossi scored a free kick, so didn't see the goodison atmosphere really.

I noticed they have a bigger open square concourse due to the layout which is good for them to have a few bevvies in.

Yes twice, both times with Leeds fans. Once in the old Park End, got to my seat to find the Leeds travelling fans sat wherever they wanted. The lad moved and sat in the isle which was odd given there were hundreds of empty seats. It was a dull 1-1 draw. Second time was in the lower Bullens on Dec 30, 1995, when we beat them 2-0. kanchelskis gave Nigel Worthington a torrid time, had to sit on my hands - or get filled in....

Yes twice, both times with Leeds fans. Once in the old Park End, got to my seat to find the Leeds travelling fans sat wherever they wanted. The lad moved and sat in the isle which was odd given there were hundreds of empty seats. It was a dull 1-1 draw. Second time was in the lower Bullens on Dec 30, 1995, when we beat them 2-0. kanchelskis gave Nigel Worthington a torrid time, had to sit on my hands - or get filled in....

Oh and QPR when we won the league, which doesn't really count.

I've got tickets for the Southampton match in the away end. Well the portion that was given back to us as unsold by the Saints.

Not the same I suppose, but should be a bit different than the usual seats!

Twice in the old Park end,against Leeds standing on the terrace and in the stand against Chelsea

Me and a couple of mates i think i was about 10 years old walked into the Cardiff or Swansea end (used to be the right side of the Park end)
and we were right in the middle when they started this song, they were singing it in Welsh, my mate says "i've never heard us sing this one before" lol
we quietly made our way to the gate and the steward let us through. I think we won 8-0

Yes 3 times. First time for the Bayern Munich '85 in the Upper Park End. All Everton fans so maybe doesn't count, but the noise coming up the pitch from the St End was fantastic, very powerful.
2nd time vs RS, again Upper Park End, thinknwas 1-1 draw when Mo Johnstone scored. Jumped all over the place, don't remember too much grief for some reason.
3rd time, vs Man U in '95, in the Upper Bullens, the game when Dunc scored and ran round twirling his shirt.
Was with my then girlfriend, a Scot so she chatted away with me very quiet. When Dunc scored noise was brilliant. Felt like the roof was going to blow.

Very loud Stadium/fans

Says who?! The biggest thing to ever happen to Saints is that arrogant pollock Matt Le Tissier.
75c7239494c1c092de1f1e9eb00935f9.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.