Happy Birthday Colin Harvey

Status
Not open for further replies.
You didn't traumatise him too much did you mate? ;) lol
Met him a couple of times in the Cobeck, Town Green and just told him what a hero he had been and spoke about a couple of times he had taken the youth team to play near where I was at uni. Offered to buy him a drink but he insisted on buying me one!!!! Incredible!
But best time was when Madame Allezlesbleus and I were doing interrail and took a few days in Rotterdam for the pre season tournament in 1986. We had run out of Dutch money with our lunch and would not be in a country we had currency for until the next day!! We managed to bunk into the changing rooms after the game (long story!!) and there was Colin helping Pat Van denHauwe out on crutches. The players sarnies were still out and players had gone so I asked if he minded if we had a few!!! He said get stuck in. Had a good chat with him outside while he was waiting for Van DenHauwe's transport. The upshot was he invited me to Bellfield to watch training.
I never thought he meant it but a week or two later he rang up our house to sort it out!!!
The look on my dad's face when he said Colin Harvey just rang, he'll call again in a few minutes!!!
The training was great by the way!!! Would not let me join in though hahaha!!!

Met him a couple of times in the Cobeck, Town Green and just told him what a hero he had been and spoke about a couple of times he had taken the youth team to play near where I was at uni. Offered to buy him a drink but he insisted on buying me one!!!! Incredible!
But best time was when Madame Allezlesbleus and I were doing interrail and took a few days in Rotterdam for the pre season tournament in 1986. We had run out of Dutch money with our lunch and would not be in a country we had currency for until the next day!! We managed to bunk into the changing rooms after the game (long story!!) and there was Colin helping Pat Van denHauwe out on crutches. The players sarnies were still out and players had gone so I asked if he minded if we had a few!!! He said get stuck in. Had a good chat with him outside while he was waiting for Van DenHauwe's transport. The upshot was he invited me to Bellfield to watch training.
I never thought he meant it but a week or two later he rang up our house to sort it out!!!
The look on my dad's face when he said Colin Harvey just rang, he'll call again in a few minutes!!!
The training was great by the way!!! Would not let me join in though hahaha!!!
Fantastic that mate,what great memories!!

Belated Birthday greetings {we got Argosed yesterday what a crap firm} to the White Pele an outstanding home grown talent via our youth system plus his magnificent coach in the 1980's 'revive us under HK - plus he played in the best ever midfield the holy trinity you could ever wish to see in the Holy Trinity -
Here is a young Colin being a surprise selection in a weakened Blues team with injuries at the pit celebrating after a beautiful chipped goal in a demolition of the other lot with a 4-0 win ...-
1605619544044.png

Status
Not open for further replies.