Half and Half Scarf

Half and Half Scarf for the Derby?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do you hate Essendon, Corkie?
Oh they would be the Australian Blues Carltons biggest rival. Both clubs have won the most premierships. They both have 16 titles each. It was a very spiteful rivalry back in the 90's, when both were premiership contenders. There was personalities in both clubs, that brought out the worst in the other teams supporters. Essendons great coach Kevin Sheedy hated Carlton with a passion.

Carltons former president the late John Elliott, was rumoured to have said some very controversial things about Essendon, in the dressing room after a famous Carlton win over them in 1999. Both clubs haven't been contenders for about 20 years now, but the rivalry between them is still strong. I'm sure @BiggyRat who's a Bombers fan would agree with me. But rivalry is what makes sport great imo.

Last edited:
Actually... I don't have one, I'm not a scarf person... I wouldn't wear one that was Everton let alone a half and half.

However, as a commerative kind of souvenir they'd be cool.

Now that I think about it, if anyone is going and would be up for buying one and shipping it. I will make it worth your time, reasonably lol. I'm not gonna give you an extra hundo. If I was loaded I would.

Anyways if anyone is open to that idea dm me or let me know... I don't expect any takers, I'd be very unlikely to do it for some random on a messageboard myself.

Oh they would be the Australian Blues Carltons biggest rival. Both clubs have won the most premierships. They both have 16 titles each. It was a very spiteful rivalry back in the 90's, when both were premiership contenders. There was personalities in both clubs, that brought out the worst in the other teams supporters. Essendons great coach Kevin Sheedy hated Carlton with a passion.

Carltons former president the late John Elliott, was rumoured to have said some very controversial things about Essendon, in the dressing room after a famous Carlton win over them in 1999. Both clubs haven't been contenders for about 20 years now, but the rivalry between them is still strong. I'm sure @BiggyRat who's a Bombers fan would agree with me. But rivalry is what makes sport great imo.

But why are you so invested in them?

Did you live in Melbourne at one time?

But why are you so invested in them?

Did you live in Melbourne at one time?
I just became a fan of the sport. They used to show the highlights on rte every week back in the day. Ireland and Australia have three very unique sports, in gaelic football hurling and australian rules football. Sadly those sports don't have the same international profile, as the american sports like the NFL and NBA though.

View attachment 147142

Nothing says putting your footballing differences aside for a special occasion like a half and half scarf.
Would you ever wear/buy one?
I hate the very idea of them myself, but if you've travelled all the way from Norway for a derby then you want some sort of momento right?
Perhaps your dear departed Da was a red, a half and half scarf might be a fitting way to commemorate all those derby argument/match memories past?

Would you ever consider wearing one? a big European game perhaps?

A friendly match between Shamrock Rovers and Everton, maybe.

Otherwise, absolutely NOT. The thing in the photo is an abomination.

Wasn't that match eventually played in June due to Covid19?

A half and half scarf is good for like a souvenir, something like Krasnodar or Kharkiv, where take away the game you’ve actually had a mad voyage and it’s a souvenir from a few great days away.

Seen one outside the Gwladys Street for Everton Burnley and then saw someone at the Spurs game with one, we don’t get that many tourists to make it justifiable, I just think it’s tacky as.

Actually... I don't have one, I'm not a scarf person... I wouldn't wear one that was Everton let alone a half and half.

However, as a commerative kind of souvenir they'd be cool.

Now that I think about it, if anyone is going and would be up for buying one and shipping it. I will make it worth your time, reasonably lol. I'm not gonna give you an extra hundo. If I was loaded I would.

Anyways if anyone is open to that idea dm me or let me know... I don't expect any takers, I'd be very unlikely to do it for some random on a messageboard myself.
Come on Lads, someone help out a fellow Blue here.
Or are you too embarrassed to perhaps be seen buying one?

Got an Everton - Lincoln City one... Purely as a memento of a matchup between 2 teams that's are close to my heart. It's not exactly a great rivalry so NEA really. Hanging up in my sons room now.

View attachment 147142

Nothing says putting your footballing differences aside for a special occasion like a half and half scarf.
Would you ever wear/buy one?
I hate the very idea of them myself, but if you've travelled all the way from Norway for a derby then you want some sort of momento right?
Perhaps your dear departed Da was a red, a half and half scarf might be a fitting way to commemorate all those derby argument/match memories past?

Would you ever consider wearing one? a big European game perhaps?
WOOLS

Status
Not open for further replies.