Habib Beye

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Lennon

Player Valuation: £1m
Neiler, heres another name for your signature lol

Sunderland, West Ham and Everton eye Newcastle star Beye - Sunderland Echo

A trio of clubs - including Tyne-Wear rivals Sunderland - are ready to test Newcastle United's resolve to hold on to Habib Beye.
An emotional Beye pledged his allegiance to Newcastle in the wake of the club's relegation to the Championship at the end of last season.

However, the experienced defender - a contender to take the captain's armband next season - is said to be growing disillusioned with the continued turmoil at mangerless United, having hoped Alan Shearer would be quickly installed to guide the club back into the Premier League.

And Sunderland boss Steve Bruce, Everton and West Ham are all understood to be weighing up moves for the 31-year-old, who has one year left on his St James's Park contract.

Shearer, should he take charge on a permanent basis, has made it clear he would want to hold on to Beye, who has proved an influential figure since joining from Olympique Marseille in the summer of 2007.

However, he is also one of the club's most saleable assets, with the club acutely aware he could leave on a free transfer in a year's time.

I'd say yes if he were a few years younger - no point spending much on a guy the wrong side of 30, especially if the rumours that Jacobsen's signed on again are true.

I would've reckoned that they'd want to keep him, they'll lose Coloccini & Bassong, but a back 4 of R.Taylor, S.Taylor, Beye & Enrique in front of Harper's good enough to do well in the Championship.

my brother in law is a geordie season ticket holder, and he reckons Beye and Bassong are the only two players they've got that are worthy of the premiership.

I love the fact Newcastle went down, they live in their own little world, last season he said this to me

"in January if i was in charge at Newcastle, i would buy Jagielka, Lescott AND Arteta"

Idiot!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.