2019/20 Gylfi Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
.....he’s usually ‘at it‘ but he’s definitely not at it this season. The corner late in the 2nd half when we put a bit of pressure on was honestly pathetic for a player with a reputation for striking a dead ball.

if I didn’t know better, I’d say he wants a move.

Mate he's been here three full season and has been 'at it' at most - and being very generous - about 10 games.

I agree, hence saying he is a decent second striker. That is the set catered role.

We just don't play that way and now he is playing in a position which is brutally exposing all of his downsides.

We should sell.

He's played as a second striker here and he's abysmal.

He's mentally woeful. He literally hides from the ball. I'm not saying that in a hyperbolic sense - he hides behind opponents and teammates so he doesn't receive a pass as he's terrified of being responsible for anything.

Even if we catered to him, that wouldn't change as he can't handle the expectation.

I agree, hence saying he is a decent second striker. That is the set catered role.

We just don't play that way and now he is playing in a position which is brutally exposing all of his downsides.

We should sell.

His downsides have been brutally exposed over the course of his 3 years at the club where he’s played the majority of his games as a second striker.

And no midfielders.
If they can't find a kid in the reserves to run around a bit and put a tackle in, the academy isn't worth the time or money that goes into it.

Ancelotti talks about changing the culture at the club, but that isn't going to happen as long as senior players are taking the piss.

I swear I will not rest as long as there’s a narrative out there that he’s been in any way shape or form a good player for us.

D1B94904-1839-429B-9A6A-3ACEA275DD46.jpeg

If they can't find a kid in the reserves to run around a bit and put a tackle in, the academy isn't worth the time or money that goes into it.

Ancelotti talks about changing the culture at the club, but that isn't going to happen as long as senior players are taking the piss.

Think how bad Beningime and Adenerin must be if they can't get even a sniff at the moment.

Think how bad Beningime and Adenerin must be if they can't get even a sniff at the moment.

Only logic I can see is perhaps Sigurdsson is contracted to play a certain amount of games if fit, and perhaps Carlo wants to be 100% sure Davies isn't just a form/confidence issue as he was once highly rated.

Because by rights neither of them should be playing.

He's played as a second striker here and he's abysmal.

He's mentally woeful. He literally hides from the ball. I'm not saying that in a hyperbolic sense - he hides behind opponents and teammates so he doesn't receive a pass as he's terrified of being responsible for anything.

Even if we catered to him, that wouldn't change as he can't handle the expectation.
His downsides have been brutally exposed over the course of his 3 years at the club where he’s played the majority of his games as a second striker.

He scored 14 goals in the Prem last season, as a second striker.

We are violently agreeing here. We all want him sold.

Only logic I can see is perhaps Sigurdsson is contracted to play a certain amount of games if fit, and perhaps Carlo wants to be 100% sure Davies isn't just a form/confidence issue as he was once highly rated.

Because by rights neither of them should be playing.

Do such contracts exist? Because you'd have to be out of your mind to give one to a 28 year old on a 4 year deal.

Please just get rid. This is our highest paid star signing being an absolute void in the centre of the park all season. He has lost whatever he had its time he went. He is one of the cowards.

Status
Not open for further replies.