2019/20 Gylfi Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
You mean “one of”? I won’t be in a rush to remember his belters in 4-1 defeats to Southampton and 6-2 defeats to Spurs.

Leicester goals was quality , his goal against Fulham was class , his half way line volley was superb his saints goal was insane although we didn’t win. He scored a decent amount of goals last season . He’s a classy player but doesn’t suit our system and has lost a yard of pace this season and he was slow anyway. His goal this season against westham was good too

Leicester goals was quality , his goal against Fulham was class , his half way line volley was superb his saints goal was insane although we didn’t win. He scored a decent amount of goals last season . He’s a classy player but doesn’t suit our system and has lost a yard of pace this season and he was slow anyway. His goal this season against westham was good too

Trouble is not enough goals, look at the pens as wee add to that overall his performances this season have not been the best.

I think what we all saw last season was he was really terrible, 95% of the time, but would save it with a single strike of the ball once every 3 games. He wasnt good then, but you felt you couldnt say that because he was still scoring. Now hes playing the same way he was last season, just without the golden touch. With Don Carlo's style of play, I see him even more irrelevant with no place for him.

I think what we all saw last season was he was really terrible, 95% of the time, but would save it with a single strike of the ball once every 3 games. He wasnt good then, but you felt you couldnt say that because he was still scoring. Now hes playing the same way he was last season, just without the golden touch. With Don Carlo's style of play, I see him even more irrelevant with no place for him.

yeah it’s not looking good for him from a playing point of vein anymore. He’s gonna get paid but after this summer I doubt he’s getting much game time

Iwobi cant even run with the ball.

As bad as Iceland is, hes 20 times the player Iwobi will be.
I agree, iwobi is a awful footballer, siggy has been good but unfortunately
Looks as if he’s fading away but iwobi will never be good. I mean where’s his best position other than the bench?

Thing is, I fondly remember Bilyetdinov for similar reasons, those strikes against Portsmouth, Utd and Wolves were sublime. But ultimately the overall contribution is underwhelming. Worse in Siggys case as he was a marquee signing.

Thing is, I fondly remember Bilyetdinov for similar reasons, those strikes against Portsmouth, Utd and Wolves were sublime. But ultimately the overall contribution is underwhelming. Worse in Siggys case as he was a marquee signing.

Bilyaletdinov didn’t have the whole team built around him to indulge him in his favourite position and allowed to start every so how game. He had to make do with sub appearances put on the wing. Siggurdson has had more opportunity afforded to him than any player I can think of in recent times and produced absolutely nothing.

Siggi has played well in midfield and offers loads more than Tom, Morgan or Fabian.

Can he be upgraded? Yes of course. Should he score more goals? Yes. But those three mediocrities
don't score either and at least he can hit the odd decent corner or free-kick.

Bilyaletdinov didn’t have the whole team built around him to indulge him in his favourite position and allowed to start every so how game. He had to make do with sub appearances put on the wing. Siggurdson has had more opportunity afforded to him than any player I can think of in recent times and produced absolutely nothing.

Which just reinforces my point - marquee signing expected to deliver and arguably afforded a lot of room to do so. In Siggys defence he was shoved out in the left in his first season and had to cover Cuco a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.