2019/20 Gylfi Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone think that he was maybe just not started yesterday because he played 2 full games for Iceland...

There is now way Silva would have the gall to change the starting 11 from yesterday for Brighton because he would get slaughtered, and rightly so. Saying that, I did say yesterday that I have this funny feeling he'll revert back to Sigurdsson and Lewin against them because he'll see them as a more physical side, but in reality the pace and movement of that starting 11 yesterday would be more suited to open Brighton up.

There is now way Silva would have the gall to change the starting 11 from yesterday for Brighton because he would get slaughtered, and rightly so. Saying that, I did say yesterday that I have this funny feeling he'll revert back to Sigurdsson and Lewin against them because he'll see them as a more physical side, but in reality the pace and movement of that starting 11 yesterday would be more suited to open Brighton up.

I can see exactly what you are saying as well for the next game and perhaps Scheids back in.

We were miles better today , but nobody will know if siggy would have played well today in Iwobi place or not , we won’t know if it’s a fluke , I certainly wouldn’t bet that Walcott will perform anything like that on a regular basis, I wouldn’t bet westham would be that crap either. Iwobi was good today and tbh I think every single player played well today.
The Walcott hate is overblown. Time will obviously tell more but I think we can say pretty confidently that dropping Sigurdsson was a key change.

Status
Not open for further replies.