2019/20 Gylfi Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mate the whole team was different today not just siggy. Not just siggy , the entire centre midfield was changed the wingers were changed the striker was changed as was the RB. This is in addition to soggy being dropped, out siggy in that team today and he could have played a blinder and scored a hat trick , nobody will know. But saying him being dropped was the reason for the improved performance can’t really be done as the whole team was changed. I still think he’s quality and would have bet my house on him scoring the Iwobi chance
We've played with a host of different midfields with Sigurdsson in there and rarely has it ever been as well connected as it was with Iwobi through the center. I really don't think it's a coincidence. Yeah he probably scores the chance Iwobi missed but there is so much else that he doesn't do if he's in instead.

We've played with a host of different midfields with Sigurdsson in there and rarely has it ever been as well connected as it was with Iwobi through the center. I really don't think it's a coincidence. Yeah he probably scores the chance Iwobi missed but there is so much else that he doesn't do if he's in instead.

We had a striker actually occupying defenders , we had two Cm that actually took turns going over the half way Line , a fb that could actually pass forward and keep the ball in tight areas and for some reason Walcott actually looked like he was a good footballer.

The difference between wobs and Iceland was stunning.

Iceland gets the ball and the play stops, he puts his foot on the ball and looks for the pass.

Today Wobs was getting the ball and carrying it forward, he had 3 very willing runners in Rico, Walcott and Bernie with the 2 full backs bombing on.

Very fluid and the press was done very well. Davies and Gomes controlled the midfield and big Yezza put Haller firmly in his arse bin.

Very wasteful and some very poor decision making, but a very encouraging display all over the pitch.

We had a striker actually occupying defenders , we had two Cm that actually took turns going over the half way Line , a fb that could actually pass forward and keep the ball in tight areas and for some reason Walcott actually looked like he was a good footballer.
Is it possible some of that is made possible by having the #10 actually receive passes and make passes too? I mean it's hard to say it was all Gylfi but we were miles better today and Iwobi was a major reason why.

And a number 10 that actually looked like he wanted the ball and made things happen for once

Mate the whole team was different today not just siggy. Not just siggy , the entire centre midfield was changed the wingers were changed the striker was changed as was the RB. This is in addition to soggy being dropped, out siggy in that team today and he could have played a blinder and scored a hat trick , nobody will know. But saying him being dropped was the reason for the improved performance can’t really be done as the whole team was changed. I still think he’s quality and would have bet my house on him scoring the Iwobi chance

Sigurdsson would never have got the iwobi chance...he would be 10-15 yards back hanging around...

The difference between wobs and Iceland was stunning.

Iceland gets the ball and the play stops, he puts his foot on the ball and looks for the pass.

Today Wobs was getting the ball and carrying it forward, he had 3 very willing runners in Rico, Walcott and Bernie with the 2 full backs bombing on.

Very fluid and the press was done very well. Davies and Gomes controlled the midfield and big Yezza put Haller firmly in his arse bin.

Very wasteful and some very poor decision making, but a very encouraging display all over the pitch.

We going for Wobs? Surely its Wobes?

Is it possible some of that is made possible by having the #10 actually receive passes and make passes too? I mean it's hard to say it was all Gylfi but we were miles better today and Iwobi was a major reason why.

We were miles better today , but nobody will know if siggy would have played well today in Iwobi place or not , we won’t know if it’s a fluke , I certainly wouldn’t bet that Walcott will perform anything like that on a regular basis, I wouldn’t bet westham would be that crap either. Iwobi was good today and tbh I think every single player played well today.

And a number 10 that actually looked like he wanted the ball and made things happen for once

Or... a team playing with pace and tempo , and don’t tell me that’s all because siggy wasn’t playing. We didn’t pass sideways , backwards etc and we played riskier passes and it’s so much better than our usual 60% possession with no shots.

Or... a team playing with pace and tempo , and don’t tell me that’s all because siggy wasn’t playing. We didn’t pass sideways , backwards etc and we played riskier passes and it’s so much better than our usual 60% possession with no shots.
Exactly because iwobi was making them, as goat said above if gylfi was playing half the time he'd be taking one touch too many that takes the pace out of our attacks or playing simple backwards passes. Iwobi actually took it on the turn and got us up the field and linked up well with those around him.

In summary iwobi actually gets involved gylfi doesn't

Exactly because iwobi was making them, as goat said above if gylfi was playing half the time he'd be taking one touch too many that takes the pace out of our attacks or playing simple backwards passes. Iwobi actually took it on the turn and got us up the field and linked up well with those around him.

In summary iwobi actually gets involved gylfi doesn't

Mate siggy has the best final pass of anyone in our squad . Give him runners and space to play the ball into and he has the quality and weight of pass to hurt teams.

I think the one major difference was iwobis ability to beat a marker and get goal side in tight situations which opened up West Ham. But siggy came on with something to prove. We need competition in that area so it’s a win win for me.

No give him time and he'll make the pass, unfortunately you don't get that in the prem now, his type is redundant now

We will have to agree to disagree on this one mate. If siggy played instead of Iwobi I am confident he would have played well , and he had two shots on target in the 10 mins he was on and scored a lovely goal. I really wanted to see Kean on for richy in about 60 mins to see what he looks like in a team that’s playing well but at 1-0 I can’t really blame Silva for not changing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.