2019/20 Gylfi Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think he's a bit of a scapegoat. Hes waiting for the cut backs time n time again and instead we bomb them cluelessly in.

I'm assuming he's being told not to drop back where he could make a difference

Instead of just standing there (normally right next to an opposition player) waiting for cut backs he could actually get more involved and go looking for the ball.

Is bang out-of-form and should not be playing. Silva should have changed things around after the Villa game.

Maybe 2 up-front, whatever... Silva has less idea than me of his best team. But Gilfi has been stinking the place
out since the start of the season.

Against Burnley you need determination and presence; not an invisible man.

Agree. He was poor. But we actually dont play the ball to his area. Its constant sideways passing. Id have actually dropped him back to play with a holding midfielder in center mid for last number of matches when gomes was out. Morgan snides is iffering nothing but chicken tackles there and sideways passing.

Bernard could be given a go as number 10

Agree. He was poor. But we actually dont play the ball to his area. Its constant sideways passing. Id have actually dropped him back to play with a holding midfielder in center mid for last number of matches when gomes was out. Morgan snides is iffering nothing but chicken tackles there and sideways passing.

Bernard could be given a go as number 10

We actually looked better after he went off.

Still think he's a very good player but only in certain conditions. He needs movement around him and in front of him and at the moment we have nothing at all.

So I would like to see him dropped, maybe for Iwobi with Bernard on the left, because they have the ability to drive at players and make something happen. And right now individual moments of brilliance are about all we can hope for.

Disgraceful attitude for a supposed 'playmaker'. Must touch the ball less than any other 10 in Europe! Never drops deep to help out the midfield and rarely even offers a passing option. Is Silva after a severance package or will he drop this utter fraud to try and keep his job?

Having Sigurdsson as a number 10 is a big part of why we are so easy to play against. Most important role on the pitch and he's never involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.