2019/20 Gylfi Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why did he get subbed off then?
Silva wanted to go 4-4-2. Why didn't Gomes get subbed off, he was awful? He subbed in Walcott and Kean for Sigurdsson and Bernard. Does anyone think Sigurdsson and Bernard were the two worst out there? Heck no. Richarlison was terrible and DCL was even worse. Either they were bad subs or it was purely tactical.

Well I'd suggest you didn't watch very closely. My guess you didn't even realize that he was playing differently.
I watched closely, him and DCL offered nothing, In no way shape or form did Gylfi play well at all, He's been pretty shocking in these 3 games which is surprising from a player of his quality.

Uh huh. 2 key passes, high passing %, about the only guy in the team creating anything, but yeah, he didn't do anything.

21994033-3C55-475F-8DAD-29FBA0E31F1D.jpeg

He turns 30 in less than two weeks.

that is correct, even so its a worry if at 30 a guy is declining i would had thought with the position he plays that he would still be in his peak. He will come good, a quality act, system just seems to pass him bye for some strange reason.

He had two key passes for LOW quality chances. One was from a corner. He's been poor creatively this year.
What about the other chances? Like the backheel that sprung Richy for what would've been a penalty and the through ball for Coleman that he had wide open, all day inside the 18 on the touchline and botched the cross? Other than the DCL layup and the Walcott miss, were there better chances all game?

that is correct, even so its a worry if at 30 a guy is declining i would had thought with the position he plays that he would still be in his peak. He will come good, a quality act, system just seems to pass him bye for some strange reason.
30 isn't exactly young, especially when you take into account how many high intensity minutes he has played in the Premier League. Like I said, I still expect him to perform at the level we have seen previously, he just hasn't been at his best so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.