2019/20 Gylfi Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
So youve mentioned 2 chance creations + then suggest he should be played deeper to get on the ball more.

His best position is without doubt the one he played in today. I dont think im being harsh when i say that he was anonymous in 90% of the game.

Yes he did some good things...but we should be seeing MORE from him in / around the box

I didn't mean to suggest that. I'm saying that even if he was, he'd be less "anonymous" but wouldn't get an ounce of credit for it.

I don't dispute that he has quiet stretches in games, but so do all of our forwards. In fact so do the vast majority of forwards in the league, inside or outside the top 6 (see Salah for a prime example). What you hope is they still manage to deliver tangible end product in the right amounts (setting up two gilt-edged chances in one game is good enough for me). If they (the front 4) all do that to the extent Sigurdsson and Richarlison have been, they can be as "anonymous" as they like, because we'll probably be in the top 4-6 regardless.

I didn't mean to suggest that. I'm saying that even if he was, he'd be less "anonymous" but wouldn't get an ounce of credit for it.

I don't dispute that he has quiet stretches in games, but so do all of our forwards. In fact so do the vast majority of forwards in the league, inside or outside the top 6 (see Salah for a prime example). What you hope is they still manage to deliver tangible end product in the right amounts (setting up two gilt-edged chances in one game is good enough for me). If they (the front 4) all do that to the extent Sigurdsson and Richarlison have been, they can be as "anonymous" as they like, because we'll probably be in the top 4-6 regardless.

I think come january we will know one way or the other if hes linking up with kean / richarlison / iwobi / dcl / bernard well

The key for me is assists for Richarlison and Kean...bernard / iwobi are also creators on the left.

Once again, he was REALLY poor in those other games. WhoScored had him in the 5's and low 6's in the beginning of last season. But go ahead, keep on putting your slant on things "you made up and presenting them as facts."
Sorry, I'd missed the fact that WhoScored rated him so badly. Who am I to argue with such a well-respected body. After all, I just watch him play every week.
Please feel free to carry on with your witch-hunt.

A lot of players hid today for me. He was one of the worst for it.
His best moment was the last minute.

He's not a midfield general mate. He's a luxury player who will shine when you have a midfield enforcer behind him who will do all the donkey work and unpleasant work like winning the football back when we lose possession and giving it to a show boater like Gylfi but he cost $50 million and is on a massive wage so what do you do?

Does not look as fit as last season. And without Gana's legs around him it is showing more. I still rate him and if I was silva I would bench him for a couple of games.

He's not a midfield general mate. He's a luxury player who will shine when you have a midfield enforcer behind him who will do all the donkey work and unpleasant work like winning the football back when we lose possession and giving it to a show boater like Gylfi but he cost $50 million and is on a massive wage so what do you do?
Are you serious? He was the hardest working player on the team today.
Don't know why you think he is a "show-boater".
And he didn't cost $50 million - Swansea is not in the USA.
Apart from that , good post.

Majority of the positive comments seem to be about how hard he worked and how he pressed well.

He’s an attacking midfielder lads, not a full back.

What about his work with the ball? Oh, no comments on that because he hardly touched it.

Status
Not open for further replies.