2018/19 Gylfi Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d move to a proper midfield 3. Siggurdson is not good enough to indulge as a number 10. Without any new signings, I’d rather see Gueye behind Gomes with any one of Davies, Vlasic, Besic, Dowell, or McCarthy next to Gomes. We should buy a good central midfielder in the summer though.

I don't disagree with the notion that Siggy does not really fit a 4-3-3. Vlasic has potential down the road, maybe. Davies certainly can be more of an energetic box to box guy along with the likes of Gomes as the other CM while Gueye is the 6. But my goodness, if you'd take Davies, Vlasic, Besic(!), Dowell(!!), or McCarthy over Sigurdsson, I don't know what to say. I guess we can only find out.

I completely see it now

Also reckon he could stay at the same level til he's 33/34, as absolutely nothing he relies upon disappear as you hit your 30s

I don't disagree with the notion that Siggy does not really fit a 4-3-3. Vlasic has potential down the road, maybe. Davies certainly can be more of an energetic box to box guy along with the likes of Gomes as the other CM while Gueye is the 6. But my goodness, if you'd take Davies, Vlasic, Besic(!), Dowell(!!), or McCarthy over Sigurdsson, I don't know what to say. I guess we can only find out.
I disagree strongly. The ONLY time I can remember Silva actually playing his true 4-3-3 was against Cardiff when Siggy played deeper and had the ball more often. He was fantastic. It was Cardiff of course, but come on. There is absolutely no reason with two CMs/DMs behind him with his passing range and ability to shoot from distance that he can't play a bit deeper. He also does a pretty good job defending for someone that is slow as molasses.

I disagree strongly. The ONLY time I can remember Silva actually playing his true 4-3-3 was against Cardiff when Siggy played deeper and had the ball more often. He was fantastic. It was Cardiff of course, but come on. There is absolutely no reason with two CMs/DMs behind him with his passing range and ability to shoot from distance that he can't play a bit deeper. He also does a pretty good job defending for someone that is slow as molasses.

Probably because Siggy wanted to stick it to Cardiff from his Swansea days...and like you said, it's Cardiff of course. Against lesser quality competition, expect nothing less from Siggy to shine.

But all this disdain for Siggy and criticism that he disappears against bigger competition - remember that press against the RS where he and Richarlison pushed aggressively and Goodison gave them applause, etc. He works hard no matter what.

In the premier league 11 so far. But he’s been crap apparently....

2FFB105D-49B0-4CEB-941A-CBFA4371645F.png
14820378-15F2-43CA-9C0C-1CC537D9C7CA.png

Status
Not open for further replies.